Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do leasing companies tend to open orders for upcoming cars? E.g. if I'm interested in the Ioniq 5 that's due to be released in October, does that mean I'd have to order in October or can I pre-order?

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
993 Posts
Often you can order before launch, but it depends on the lease company. One thing to bear in mind is that it almost always costs a lot more to lease a car that’s just been released than one that’s been about a few months. My guess is that you’d be paying a couple of hundred quid more per month from October than you would be from March. Depends which is more important, but my guess is that the Tesla 3 will be a fair bit cheaper to lease than a comparable Ioniq 5 for some time to come.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Often you can order before launch, but it depends on the lease company. One thing to bear in mind is that it almost always costs a lot more to lease a car that’s just been released than one that’s been about a few months. My guess is that you’d be paying a couple of hundred quid more per month from October than you would be from March. Depends which is more important, but my guess is that the Tesla 3 will be a fair bit cheaper to lease than a comparable Ioniq 5 for some time to come.
Tesla 3 will be our ideal choice tbh but thought we'd be priced out of it. It's a company car, we don't have access to the portal yet but they've said either ID3 and e-Niro. I'm assuming the base IONIQ 5 is the same as a top-spec e-Niro so could be possible...

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
993 Posts
Tesla 3 will be our ideal choice tbh but thought we'd be priced out of it. It's a company car, we don't have access to the portal yet but they've said either ID3 and e-Niro. I'm assuming the base IONIQ 5 is the same as a top-spec e-Niro so could be possible...
My point is that although the Ioniq 5 will end up being cheaper than the Tesla, to start with it won’t be. I think the ID3 will be a LOT cheaper if the current deals are anything to go by. Personally that would be my choice over the e-Niro, but that’s just a matter of taste. Navigating company car schemes is nothing if not frustrating.

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Stonewashed Blue, Heatpump, Ankoya Alloys.
222 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
993 Posts
German prices are out for the Ioniq 5.

They are a lot more expensive than the equivalent German ID3 prices and I would imagine that varience would be the same when it gets to the UK

So it looks like the entry level version will be priced against the Model 3 SR+ and the top model against the LR. Both a bit more than I was expecting, but not unreasonable for the package. I don’t think it bodes well for the OP’s company car scheme though sadly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts