Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta
295 Posts
I’m sure the covers are good but I bet it’s really hard to get them fitted at home and not have them look sloppy and baggy unless you are very handy with DIY. I may be wrong and just thinking of 1970’s nylon fur seat covers in a Marina.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would also doubt a solution like this. Seats are really the only thing stopping me from making a purchase, I can't handle going from my nice Golf GTE seats to this. I've seen rumors that once we get past these fixed configurations there will be a sports seats option - crossing my fingers for that. Dealers of course know nothing...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would also doubt a solution like this. Seats are really the only thing stopping me from making a purchase, I can't handle going from my nice Golf GTE seats to this. I've seen rumors that once we get past these fixed configurations there will be a sports seats option - crossing my fingers for that. Dealers of course know nothing...
You can already view those seats in the German configurator. The package is called Top Sport Plus and it costs 1,179.50 or 1,306.22 euros. Apparently, these seats are only available with Max (58kWh) or Tour (77kWh) trim levels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can already view those seats in the German configurator. The package is called Top Sport Plus and it costs 1,179.50 or 1,306.22 euros. Apparently, these seats are only available with Max (58kWh) or Tour (77kWh) trim levels.
Things are somewhat confusing. The Top Sport Plus package is standard for the Max it seems and apparently just adds the electrical adjustment and massage thing - the seat cover is still called Flow. But I can find other references to Top Sport Plus seats apparenty indicating a different shape of seat. Need to talk to the dealer again I guess

·
Registered
548 Posts
There are companies who do full leather seat upholstery replacements & properly tailor them into your car. I almost got some for my Octavia a few years ago but decided I was going to sell the car in the end so didn't bother. I expect they will start to do them for the ID range after a short while. The price was less than the option would have been on a new car if I remember correctly.

Once I've had my ID.3 for a while I may consider getting them done. Depends how long I decide to keep it after the first 12 months... I had my Octavia vRS for 7 years, so if it looks like the ID.3 will last me that long it's something I'll definitely think about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Top Sport Plus package is standard for the Max
Max and Tour have ErgoActive seats as standard [3L5]. The sport seats have fixed headrests and offer more lateral support (assumption). Both have power seat adjustment and lumbar support. I’m not sure about the language differences though: the UK website doesn’t talk about ErgoActive, only about power adjustments.

A bit off topic…

·
Registered
5 Posts
Max and Tour have ErgoActive seats as standard [3L5]. The sport seats have fixed headrests and offer more lateral support (assumption). Both have power seat adjustment and lumbar support. I’m not sure about the language differences though: the UK website doesn’t talk about ErgoActive, only about power adjustments.
View attachment 138483
A bit off topic…
Yes sorry for stealing the thread but I have to ask - where did you find that image? It's certainly much better looking seats that's for sure - gives me hope :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The German ID.3 configurator 👍. Hopefully we'll see those seats in Denmark and Finland, too. :)

Here is the manufacturing code from the Finnish ID.4 configurator [3J4], the German configurator doesn't show manufacturing codes.

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
588 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Golf Match Bluemotion 1.0 TSI
131 Posts
Try DK Schweizer in Colchester. Leather Re-Trimming, Colchester, Essex | DK Schweizer Used by my VW dealer for accessory fitment.
They emailed me a seat panel plan which I coloured in and returned. Drove to their unit in a 5 day old Golf and everything ripped out and refitted in 4 hours. Full leather everywhere inc seat backs and pockets. Cost then in 2015 £895+VAT. Brilliant.
They also do a collect service and take your seats and panels away to fit.
Main difficulty was trying to find a Shetland and Carmen red car to match colour swatches. Still have car and still a lovely place to sit and while away the motorway hours.

Before

After:

Reactions: MrPaulus
1 - 11 of 11 Posts