Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Usually when you switch, with the cooling off periods etc it takes about 6 weeks for you to go on supply with your new provider. You should be ok to ask to switch once you're 6-7 weeks away from your release date. If they won't charge once you're 49 days or less, then you could apply to Octopus before that; perhaps just be absolutely sure Ovo won't charge you once you're in that 49 day window.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,619 Posts
It depends.... Funnily enough I'm just leaving Ovo to join Octopus. It has taken about 3 weeks. The final bill takes a while after you've switched and some are very slow. Avro took months to sort out a final bill for example. Ovo's renewal was poor but the market has shifted to being expensive so I decided on Octopus as they have no leaving fees so I can see what happens. It's still a fixed tariff too. I also ended up with a 10% credit with Ovo roughly and they keep trying to jack the payments to cover extra usage even though I use exactly the same year in and year out somehow. They were also trying to jack payments to cover a shortfall which after winter is actually an overpayment. It's annoying as a lot of them pull the same nonsense.

Started it via Cheap energy Club which is the Martin Lewis comparison and switching system. I too wouldn't start the switch until inside the 49 days.

Should be switched over this week. Octopus have been a bit useless as they didn't send a meter reading request email but I tried the online portal as I was with them before.

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,053 Posts
leaving Ovo to join Octopus. It has taken about 3 weeks. The final bill takes a while after you've switched and some are very slow.
You're not kidding. Mine took 3 months for them to tell Octopus what my final reading was. OVO are apalling. The customer service is a joke. All they want is your money in thier account. I had over £300 in my account when they wanted to increase my DD at the beginning of Summer! I told them I'm supposed to bank with my bank and not them and switched to Octopus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.