Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all. I have a problem with my LED Headlights. They are fantastic but - always a but !

When on main beam there is a dark area between dip and main. It is as if the main beam needs to be adjusted down to blend in with the dip.

Has anybody else had this problem and do you know if they can be adjusted ?

Thanks for any help. Ian

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
181 Posts
Are the matrix LEDs or just the static LEDs ?
You have a dial next to the light controls, to adjust the height of the beam (at least on standard LEDs, not sure how the matrix LEDs work). But I would guess that it controls both beams together.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
I'd think it's another thing for the dealer. There is no height adjust in the car as they do everything electronically.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for this meetyg - I have the matrix lights and there is no adjustment switch like yours. The lights are in two enormous plastic boxes and there are a couple of white plastic allen key sockets that could be for adjustments. Could also be done by the electronics like Srichards says. Probably right and I will have to visit the dealer. I was curious to see if anybody else has the same problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually my dealer said 'they all do that' which cannot be true. I have asked friends with other makes of car and they have no problems.

Has anybody else noticed the dark line ?

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
539 Posts
On the Matrix LED headlights, there is no user adjustment. I can’t say that I’ve noticed any distinct “gap” between the high beam portion of the light and the low beam.

The headlights are incredibly bright and the matrix functionality is superb. They are the best matrix LED headlights I’ve ever used. However, if you are noticing a distinct dark or unlit area between the beams when all the matrix elements are lit, you may need your dealer to adjust it.

If there is any way you can get a photo of the problem, which I accept may be difficult with just a smart-phone camera, you could get a better opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will contact the dealer again and see what they can do. You are right and the lights are suburb but the dark line is very distracting. Good idea to take a photo - I will try.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
678 Posts
I've noticed that main beam seems to illuminate trees far higher that I need to see, and feel that the light would be more useful lower down. I suspect that there will not be an adjustment for this.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
I've noticed that main beam seems to illuminate trees far higher that I need to see, and feel hat the light would be more useful lower down. I suspect that there will not be an adjustment for this.
Still worth reporting to your local dealer. They may have a way of adjusting them. They are quite clever so maybe they think there's an owl you want to see?

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
539 Posts
I don’t think that the height of the high beam is a problem as the segment is turned off when there’s a car in that segment anyway.

The high beam element is extremely bright. Much brighter than the dipped beam and the contrast between the two beams gives the appearance of a line between them. I like the extra brightness but then again, that may just be because of my failing eyesight in darkness.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took mine to my dealer about this. They adjusted them on the MOT ramp and it did make a big difference. Apparently there are a load that were never calibrated off the factory floor, as they are supposed to auto adjust based on loading. They have a full range of height, you can see it if you turn the car on in the dark close to a wall, you see them rise up and settle. So definitely adjustable, just not by the end user.

Hope this helps
Nathan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts