Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Woodhouse Lane car park charge points in Leeds If so how was the experience?

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:( So wetherby is down the day before we go to Blackpool :( I have never used Scotch corner rapid. does it let you charge higher than 80%?

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently Wetherby is not down, someone was able to charge there twice today. Another plinth was fitted today so that's good. I will get there about 11am tomorrow. Surely they won't place the new rapid on a Sunday?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Sorry I can't comment on wetherby charging beyond 80%, but I can say that I've found this charger very reliable (well at least for the AC side).
Good luck with the trip - please let us know how it goes and where you charge etc.

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. We will be fine and of course future trips down South will be more secure with wetherby doubled up

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Agreed, the wetherby charger is one of my regular stops and the place where I've encountered most rapid charging 'queues'

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Queues at wetherby and scotch corner today. A Zoe and Leaf waiting for me to finish at scotch corner. Both charged fine and both had plinths ready for the new rapids. Plinths make for useful picnic table and chair :)

Attachments

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a nice day yesterday. The scotch corner has a minor fault ATM it's not recognising some cards so Ecotricity simply unlocked it or something so you don't need a card. Off topic- Andrew did you see how much that van close to the rapid was charging for a 6 inch pasty? £3.99!! Robbery!

·
Registered
456 Posts
IMG_20140909_182703.jpg
Regards to Scotch Corner, I've been in Darlington on Thursday (11/09), not sure, but I think Nissan had rapid installed there, it just 10 miles off Scotch Corner. And ac/dc been faulty twice this week already, so once I called and the other time tweeted about it

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
View attachment 1843 Regards to Scotch Corner, I've been in Darlington on Thursday (11/09), not sure, but I think Nissan had rapid installed there, it just 10 miles off Scotch Corner. And ac/dc been faulty twice this week already, so once I called and the other time tweeted about it
Hi Nero
Welcome to the forum! How do you like the Peugeot?

Reactions: Nero

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi everybody, sorry for not saying hello:) well, thanks for the question:) we are really enjoying it, it's our second EV, first was (still have it, must do pictures and place it for sale) Aixam Mega City. After reading a lot of negative comments from USA and Canada (it's Re badged i-miev I know) I can say that it is undervalued, it is really great car, shame not so comfy to take a nap while rapid charge as my ICE lexus:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Woodhouse Lane charging points are usually ICEd. There's a thread here about it
http://www.leaftalk.co.uk/showthread.php/15109-Public-Charging-in-Leeds

The council put them in but don't really want the public to use them.

Good to know, I was planning on a charge next Tuesday as I have a meeting at the Uni. Luckily for me, they have 2 charging points in their car park and have arranged for me to charge there, which is nice. I don't really need a charge as I have sufficient range to get to Leeds and back from the Wirral, but I make a point of asking and using so these points don't become forgotten about or even removed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, I've noticed one or two Leeds Uni vans that appear to be electric. I think they're Kangoos. Good idea re. making a point. Maybe you should get in touch with Leeds City Council too about the Woodhouse Lane chargers?

There's a functioning rapid charger at Ikea, just on your way out of Leeds, if you do need a top-up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've recently installed 6 dual outlet 11kW chargers at Leeds University (unfortunately you have to pay to get in) and 4 dual outlet 7kW chargers at Elland Road Park and Ride if it's any use? All on Charge-Your-Car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've recently installed 6 dual outlet 11kW chargers at Leeds University (unfortunately you have to pay to get in) and 4 dual outlet 7kW chargers at Elland Road Park and Ride if it's any use? All on Charge-Your-Car.
Sounds like one of yours I'll be using then; it's certainly run by CYC. 11 kW? Nice, I'll be there 6 hrs so that's 180 mile top-up. Well, since it's only 80 miles there I can at least top up to full for the return and have fun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The reason I mentioned it is that only vehicles with 3-phase charging ability will benefit from 11kW charging eg. BMW, Renault, Tesla. Vehicles with J1772 will only charge at 16A single phase (3.6kW) eg. Nissan, Mitsubishi.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The reason I mentioned it is that only vehicles with 3-phase charging ability will benefit from 11kW charging eg. BMW, Renault, Tesla. Vehicles with J1772 will only charge at 16A single phase (3.6kW) eg. Nissan, Mitsubishi.
Which BMW does 3 phase?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts