Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I somehow managed to crack my left rear light cluster plastic right in the centre. Now I have water ingress and droplets at the bottom of the cluster housing.
My local car yard (Charles Trent) has one for sale at £156. Anyone else think this is a bit much for a secondhand piece of plastic?
Cheers Tony.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I somehow managed to crack my left rear light cluster plastic right in the centre. Now I have water ingress and droplets at the bottom of the cluster housing.
My local car yard (Charles Trent) has one for sale at £156. Anyone else think this is a bit much for a secondhand piece of plastic?
Cheers Tony.
Cheapest undamaged one is £130 on eBay, free post, so your breaker's price is not that outrageous TBH

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At these prices I would be attempting a repair, e.g. with epoxy resin.
Couldn't agree more. Superglue is my friend......

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
229 Posts
I read somewhere that bicarb (baking soda) with superglue makes rock hard filling.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This taken from my post on Poll for Leaf Tow-Hitch

I have just wired my 13-pin socket into the vehicle and in order to do so I had to remove both the left and right clusters. It was easier than I had thought, but required considerable force on the top part of the cluster to remove it. Just undo the bolts and them yank the top quite hard. The wiring loom has very little slack, which makes it a bit of a pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts