Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Had a long trip down South today and decided to stop for a bit of food (and electricity) on both legs at Leicester Forest East on the M1. On the Southbound one, there is building works so you can only park sideways. If someone had used the fast charger, I could have got blocked in.

On both occassions I sat in the canteen in view of the chargers in case there was a sudden rush and any BEVs wanted to charge (I have a REX).

On the northbound services, a Tesla pulled up and seemed to have problems. He stopped at the slower charger and swiped a yellow card on the Ecotricity post. He didn't have a cable. He eventually drove off. I didn't get chance to speak to him; I would have told him what a lovely car he has....but not sure why he was unsuccessful with his charging attempts.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Maybe he didn't want to disturb the bikers in the EV bay...?:eek:

Administrator
On the northbound services, a Tesla pulled up and seemed to have problems. He stopped at the slower charger and swiped a yellow card on the Ecotricity post. He didn't have a cable. He eventually drove off. I didn't get chance to speak to him; I would have told him what a lovely car he has....but not sure why he was unsuccessful with his charging attempts.
Tesla Roadster or Tesla Model S? Maybe they're on here?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Paul - Model S (as pic).

Derek - I did get a weird warning light on the first leg. Low pressure tyre warning. I'd worried there may have been a nail from the works or something but remembered the comments in the forum. Seemed to clear after I went into the screen to check it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Guilty as charged...but then again, I'm guessing a bloke on a Heath Robinson bike boat will also fall into that category ;-)

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Derekb - enjoy it while it lasts because when ecotricity start charging next year it won't be economically viable for us Ampera drivers to use them.

Registered
Too right. Based on charges elsewhere an Amperite wouldn't pay to charge its way more expensive than petrol which is a real shame.

Registered
I drove past LFE (Northbound) tonight and two workmen were busy working right next to the charge point, with several paving slabs up. I didn't get enough time to see what they were doing, might pop in tomorrow on the way past and have a nosey.

Registered
I drove past LFE (Northbound) tonight and two workmen were busy working right next to the charge point, with several paving slabs up. I didn't get enough time to see what they were doing, might pop in tomorrow on the way past and have a nosey.
I imagine it's Ecotricity doubling up their rapids with a new DC/CCS unit. Will check in on it when I'm next in Leics on 13 July.

New one at London Gateway went live a couple of days ago.

Registered
I was at LFE North last week. the area was cordoned off but the workmen very happily and cherrily made some space for me. Although I didn't ask specifically what they were doing, the profile of the base for the charger etc looked very much like a second, presumably CCS supporting rapid.

Registered
I called in to take a closer look last week but couldn't really tell what they were doing although it was clearly electrical (the workmen were on a break somewhere). If I can remember I'll try pop back on the way home tonight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts