Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
How long in years and Miles was the original Volt warranty?
My understanding is that the warranty on the high voltage equipment (Voltec) is eight years or 100,000 miles subject to the condition that the vehicle is presented annually for a check by an authorised dealer. This warranty is transferable to second or subsequent owners.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same as the Ampera then? Thought it was shorter on the Volt for some reason!

But guess any warranty work would be tougher as Vauxhall is no longer GM which Chevy is still part of...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,066 Posts
The service intervals of the Volt were every 12,500 miles or 1 year, Ampera was every 20,000 miles or 1 year. AFAIR the rest of the vehicle warranty was the same 3 years, unlimited mileage although there was a period when Vauxhall offered the 'Lifetime' warranty which was for the first owner and up to 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I should be able to give a solid first hand answer to this later today.
I am due to pick up my Volt from Bellingers later. They have had it for two months looking at a High Voltage Interlock error leading to a constant engine warning light and an occasional conking out. It was sent to Vauxhall in Luton as Bellingers could not fix it. It is now back, fixed I am told, and I am expecting it to all be covered under the Voltec eight year, 100k mile warranty. All they wanted to know when receiving it was the date of registration and the mileage.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should be able to give a solid first hand answer to this later today.
I am due to pick up my Volt from Bellingers later. They have had it for two months looking at a High Voltage Interlock error leading to a constant engine warning light and an occasional conking out. It was sent to Vauxhall in Luton as Bellingers could not fix it. It is now back, fixed I am told, and I am expecting it to all be covered under the Voltec eight year, 100k mile warranty. All they wanted to know when receiving it was the date of registration and the mileage.
Hope it was successful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
Volt warranty is 8 years / 100k miles for the high voltage system, 3 years for the rest of the car.

Generally speaking, Vauxhall dealers won't touch the Volt. There are a handful of ex-Chevrolet dealers who are able to work on the Volt, of which Bellingers is the one I use.

Bellingers have fixed a couple of warranty issues for me without any issues. Vauxhall are notorious on here for wriggling out of their responsibilities, Chevrolet seem to have a rather better attitude.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Volt warranty is 8 years / 100k miles for the high voltage system, 3 years for the rest of the car.

Generally speaking, Vauxhall dealers won't touch the Volt. There are a handful of ex-Chevrolet dealers who are able to work on the Volt, of which Bellingers is the one I use.

Bellingers have fixed a couple of warranty issues for me without any issues. Vauxhall are notorious on here for wriggling out of their responsibilities, Chevrolet seem to have a rather better attitude.
My Arnold Clark happily touches the Ampera, both warranty and service, they are a Vauxhall only dealer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
The only information I recieved back (I had to chase this) was an email stating
"The vehicle came to Luton for a battery issue which was investigated and a replacement BDU was fitted however we also found a fault on the interlock circuit at the location between the PIM and ECBM which was repaired in accordance with Vauxhall guidelines"

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
So a new Battery Disconnect Unit (contactor) was installed and an interlock issue rectified between the Power Interface Module and the Electronic Brake Control Module which was probably a replacement harness. Interesting.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ah, I had assumed that the BDU referred to the manual safety disconnect under the armrest as that is part of the interlock circuit. If it was the contactor I am even more pleased that it was covered by the warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts