Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Gen 1 Leaf generally receives a bad rap compared with its high achieving and super-talented younger brother, the Gen 2. So I thought I'd share a small milestone to show they're not all ready to be recycled just yet and that there's life in the old dog yet.
If you have a Gen 1 with more miles and 12 bars then 'let the world know' by replying to this and keep the Gen 1 flag flying a while longer. LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE Japanese built Nissan Leaf. HIP HIP HOORAY!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
You didn't do one of those dodgy capacity bar resets did you? :)

Good to see a gen1 get to those mileages. I'm just over half that and hovering about the 85-87% SOH depending on use and weather - the cold seems to lower the SOH and warmer weather increase it.

I do think many people turn their noses up at the gen1 unneccessaily. There are some pro's to the car. I'm half tempted to try and keep mine on the road as long as I can rather than trading in. Ask me again if I get a big bill though :/

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't do one of those dodgy capacity bar resets did you? :)

Good to see a gen1 get to those mileages. I'm just over half that and hovering about the 85-87% SOH depending on use and weather - the cold seems to lower the SOH and warmer weather increase it.

I do think many people turn their noses up at the gen1 unneccessaily. There are some pro's to the car. I'm half tempted to try and keep mine on the road as long as I can rather than trading in. Ask me again if I get a big bill though :/
Ha ha, no reset!
I'm keeping mine for as long as it gets me from A to B, especially as values are down to £5.5k.
I don't think you'll ever get a big bill; it doesn't make sense to spend a fortune on the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts