Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now we have electric cars. Now we need more places to charge them. I am eager to hit the highway and go far and wide with my own EV but, there are few chargers along the route. What I would like to see in Michigan, would be several chargers at every rest stop along the highway. Most chargers are located miles off the highway in towns along the way. The extra miles in and out of town will make the trip difficult. I will be lucky to gain access to the one and only cord in town when I get there. With the government cutting back on everything, how will we get the infrastructure to grow? Perhaps there is an opportunity for private enterprise here. Imagine a charging location just off of the highway with a level 2 charger, restaurant, and entertainment of some kind. It seems like there are many businesses that already exist that could add a few chargers outside. They would enjoy the benefits of having captive customers with nothing else to do and nowhere else to charge. I have also been tempted to buy a towable generator equipped with a level 2 charger and create my own mobile EV charging station that can go wherever your EV goes and rescue you from the perils of range anxiety. Hypothetically, you could call me and I could travel the highways and stop where your EV stops. I could hand you a chili dog and a bag of crisps just after I attach the cord. Now my mind is racing with all of the possibilities! A squad of bikini clad girls could jump out of my van and wash and wax your EV. I could use a LCD projector to project a movie onto your EV windscreen while you wait. Don't bother to read the rest of this I am ranting now....live music, dancing, disco lights, free Wi-Fi, have your nails done. Wherever we go, near or far, we should be able to charge. Anyone have other ideas of how to get it done?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts