Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

LEVC New Taxi - impressive charging

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  First Draft 
#1 ·
I got a chance to look at the TX5 yesterday.

Very impressed with the charging facilities.

Type 2 AC at 22kW three-phase.
plus
CCS at 50kW
plus
Petrol range extender
plus
optional Chademo at 50kW.

I think this is the first EV I've seen can support both CCS and Chademo standards.

#2 ·
i3 supports both but they don't offer the Chademo option in the UK for whatever internal reasons at BMW.

However these specs are great and it looks like they have actually spoken to EV owners and listened to the options they want most.

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure there is such a standard, and it applies to new installations of rapid chargers. All rapids have to have CCS. Not sure from when, but we've discussed it before because folks were trying to interpret this as a 'ban' on CHAdeMO, when in fact it wasn't, all it was meant to be was to make sure CCS was the minimum offering.

It is not a required standard on the cars, it is on the chargers.

#8 ·
The LEVC taxi doesnt just have the option of CCS or Chademo, its actually built to be able to have both. Type 2 / CCs in the flap at the front nearside and Chademo on the offside front flap.
On the AC side they physically have two 11kw three phase capable chargers so even if there is a fault in a charger you should still be able to charge.
The battery pack has three internal strings, such that if one fails it can disconnect itself and you can keep on using the vehicle with a reduced range and performance. Important for a commercial product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.