Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you are paying for the service, that would surely constitute implicit permission to be there, hence any claim from the parasite provate parking scammers shouldn't hold up in court if they were dumb enough
to take it that far

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
If you are paying for the service, that would surely constitute implicit permission to be there, hence any claim from the parasite provate parking scammers shouldn't hold up in court if they were dumb enough
to take it that far
Totally agree, but prefer not to have any hassle when all that's required is some clarification!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
If you are paying for the service, that would surely constitute implicit permission to be there
Nope.
Provision of a charger and provision of the parking space are separate things controlled by different companies. It's quite common to be required to pay for parking as well as charging, and this is no different.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Depends what the signage says. The average man would assume that access to a working charger which you paid to use would mean that fines or charging for "out of hours" parking would not apply to someone paying for an advertised service. Pod Point/Lidl need to make this clear or lose customers.

My understanding is that Bannatyne have said charging is available at all times when access to the site is unobstructed. In either case my view is you would win in a court of law unless there was very specific signage adjacent to the chargers.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I'd rather just know, not second guess things and risk going through the hassle of a POPLA case.
How hard can it be to put ip a sign saying when the chargers are/aren't available?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'd rather just know, not second guess things and risk going through the hassle of a POPLA case.
How hard can it be to put ip a sign saying when the chargers are/aren't available?
Why should that worry Lidl? They want to encourage locals to visit the store regularly, not some passer by they'll never see again who'll go across the road to PC World rather than shop at the Lidl store.
Forgive me John but you seem to have been hoist by your own petard having made a huge deal about being a force behind Lidl introducing chargers in the first place.

Are you aware that if I wasn't an EV user I doubt Lidl would have considered installing ANY of these chargers at their stores?
Then made the point that chargers were for the benefit of locals shopping at their stores, and it was your prerogative to charge for as long as necessary while shopping even if you were a few miles from home and another ev driver was desperate for a charge to complete their journey. I seem to recall you scorned my suggestion that without any obvious strategy of charging or enforcement it was just green wash and their chargers could not be relied upon for longer distance travel.

Maybe you were right all along

It would seem it was a mistake getting Lidl to install the chargers in the first place. People are never happy!

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Forgive me John but you seem to have been hoist by your own petard having made a huge deal about being a force behind Lidl introducing chargers in the first place.

Then made the point that chargers were for the benefit of locals shopping at their stores, and it was your prerogative to charge for as long as necessary while shopping even if you were a few miles from home and another ev driver was desperate for a charge to complete their journey. I seem to recall you scorned my suggestion that without any obvious strategy of charging or enforcement it was just green wash and their chargers could not be relied upon for longer distance travel.

Maybe you were right all along
Not sure what you're trying to say, other than to attempt to 'wind me up.'

I'm not connected with Lidl - they make their own policies. All I did was to make the suggestion that a charger would be a good idea given they have a network on the continent plus several odd stores with a L1 charger that were probably installed for planning purposes and left the rest to them Scarborough council don't have a planning requirement for them and the charger wasn't in the original planning application only it seems they must have thought it was a good idea! My contemporary response explaining your misunderstanding disappeared, perhaps before you saw it. Please see the https://www.speakev.com/threads/north-yorkshire-charging-help-required.10487/#post-152437 thread for the backgroud to it all.

Please note that this thread is about when people have been 'fined' for using the car park out of store hours and is nothing to do with that other thread you have referred to.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts