Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the early stages of planning a journey to Groningen and notice that the Lidl on the outskirts of Leeuwarden will be near our route. I could use Fastned, but Lidl would be a good opportunity to stock up on supplies and charge at the same time. How do you access the Lidl rapid chargers in the Netherlands (card, app)?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was free. I guess the question is whether you need anything to activate it - like at the Podpoint units at Lidl UK sites. I am assuming not, but it would be good to know for sure.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Am I reading it that at Lidls in Holland one can just turn up and plug in? Simple as that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in Bremen in October so this is really useful for me too, thanks. I'm thinking overnight ferry Hull-Rotterdam but I might have to come back via the Calais-Folkestone Eurotunnel.

·
Lettuce Leaf early to be sure of arriving on time.
918 Posts
Avoid Antwerp: the traffic is hell. If you can keep west of it, that's better. There's a rapid at Zwijndrechtsestraat 151, 2070 Burcht that is well-sited. We came south from Fastned Buttervliet to Burcht last month which was a much better run than trying to go round Antwerp as we did on the way up.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Bad news at Leeuwarden. After touching the screen to clear the screen saver, it displayed a line of text which didn't look good.

Pressing the "NL" at the bottom of the screen enabled me to select English:
IMG_20190526_110159484.jpg

There was a Chargemap sticker on the unit, and the front of the unit seemed to imply you swipe their RFID card, but their app should also start it. The app shows that it's u/s but it had been working 3 days before.

Fortunately, there's a Fastned about 6km south, on the north-bound section of the A32.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was a Chargemap sticker on the unit, and the front of the unit seemed to imply you swipe their RFID card, but their app should also start it. The app shows that it's u/s but it had been working 3 days before.
Thanks for the report. Do you happen to know whether Chargemap rapids accept New Motion tags?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yes, they should. On their app, there's the option to only select chargers which you can charge using the NewMotion card or app, and the Leeuwarden Lidl unit still shows up as one that could be used (if it was working).

Looking through the Chargemap comments, it seems to have failed a couple of times in the last 2 years, but seems to get fixed within a week or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts