Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
UK government could force petrol stations to install EV chargers
The Automated and Electric Vehicles Bill will increase the uptake of EVs and support owners of self-driving cars.
According to the government, the new network of charging stations will need to be "smart," which means they can interact with the grid in order to manage demand across the UK. Operators will also be required to provide clear information on the location and operating hours of their points, as well as the available charging options, how much they cost and whether they are working order or already in use.

UK government could force petrol stations to install EV chargers

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I've started a new thread regarding that as it doesn't really fit in with this one.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,654 Posts
It means there would then be two ways to get the points to work and for some they may then get home when their phone is a goner. You can't even phone up to ask them to start a charge with a dead phone, and invariably smartphones go flat very fast. Consequently some of us positively hate mobile phone apps.
Have you not got a USB cable to charge your phone with yet?

You should try one! All you have to do is plug the end with the big plug into the USB socket in your Leaf and the end with the little plug into your phone when it's running low on battery (or even when it's not, it doesn't really make any difference) and by the time you arrive at the charger it'll be anywhere between a little bit more charged and fully charged! :D It's even easier than charging the car!

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Have you not got a USB cable to charge your phone with yet?

You should try one! All you have to do is plug the end with the big plug into the USB socket in your Leaf and the end with the little plug into your phone when it's running low on battery (or even when it's not, it doesn't really make any difference) and by the time you arrive at the charger it'll be anywhere between a little bit more charged and fully charged! :D It's even easier than charging the car!
Thank you yes, but I don''t wish to have the hassle. Did you not read I prefer not to carry a phone? I wish the thousands of others who stare at them incessantly while walking, cycling, driving (illegally) killing innocent victims and not having a clue where they are going would ditch them too.
Since when was it obligatory to have a phone to refuel a car? If it was it would come WITH the car, built in. The quicker they are banned from vehicles altogether the safer we'll all be. They are just as dangerous if not more so than too much alcohol, various types of weed or any other distraction you may care to think of.
Oh, and just to add, a phone can die or be unavailable for use for reasons other than just a flat battery. Leaving it behind somewhere by mistake for instance, or putting in the pocket by your behind can break it. Whatever the event, you can be scuppered and stranded even though you have a batch of now redundant RFID cars from the service providers in your glove box, be they Pod-Point, Electric Highway etc. and money in your pocket.
Thank you again.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts