Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Read Only
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has taken delivery of one of the newer 50kWh battery PSA Group cars, I’d be grateful if they could post their initial views, dealer experiences, charging experiences or any problems.
Thanks.

·
Registered
Corsa-e
127 Posts
I placed an order for a Corsa-e on the weekend after being on an "interested" list for a few months. Corsa-e was never really a serious contender for us. We had a pre-order for the ID.3 since May last year, but became tired of the lack of information from VW (we have not received a single email or phone call since the initial pre-order). We test drove the Corsa-e on Saturday and after discussing the whole package with the free home charger, 6 months Polar subscription, decent interest rate, and extremely fast delivery, we made up our mind and placed the order.

When I say extremely fast, I don't mean a few months, I mean two weeks. Two weeks today for delivery of a car ordered on Saturday, 2 days ago. I'm not used to that. I have placed a few electric car orders over the years and cancelled some of the way through due to I suppose "giving up". Wait list for the Kona was just over 1 year. Wait list for the ID.3 I guess is about 16 months since we ordered in May and delivery might be September. 2 weeks! The short delivery time really helped us make the decision. We've been shopping for an electric car for over three years. So it's great to finally just get on the bandwagon. It's not the best car I've driven. It's a Corsa. But it's a fine electric car that drives fairly smooth and the whole package is a great value proposition. I think this is how dealers get electric vehicles to the masses; don't make them wait a year.

Dealer experience has been pleasant throughout. We have been dealing with our local Baylis. They've kept us up to date with things related the new Corsa rollout so we got to see the new design when it was released, then test drive the electric as they received it.

Oh and we chose Power Orange. Obnoxious to some perhaps, but it is just such a happy colour!

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,906 Posts
Is delivery time on the E Corsa generally a few weeks or is it just the orange ones?

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I test drove an e-Corsa they told me I get be in one within a week due to the fact they had one in stock. Because the specifications are pretty much set in stone with no extra options (apart from the 11 kW charger) it is easy for some dealers to have popular colours and spec in stock.

Although the Vertigo Blue e208 GT I just ordered is slated for a May build June handover.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Prices do seem pretty good. However after 24 months, what are the options, renew lease at the same or higher rate? Or go elsewhere prices unknown.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Prices do seem pretty good. However after 24 months, what are the options, renew lease at the same or higher rate? Or go elsewhere prices unknown.
There are 36 48 month terms also. In two years time there will be more ev choice and bigger discounts on older models. Look at the total cost of the lease and see how it compares to PCP cost.

·
Registered
Corsa-e
127 Posts
Our order is delayed a few weeks due to a shortage...

Of cables. Missing a type 2 cable. Might be an extra week or two.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Just ordered an e208 GT Line in yellow yesterday

car was in stock and px of Zoe with PCP seems easy

using Zoe equity (£6k) as deposit I’ll be paying £290/month for 36months -GFV £11k

will be here in 3 weeks

can’t see any reason why there will be any charging issues - type 2 at home and ccs on the go :)

3D i-cockpit was fantastic on the test drive. Radio sounded excellent. Handling and ride much better than the Zoe. Interior quality excellent.

worth watching the fully charged review if you havent Already

JJ

·
Registered
Peugeot e208GT
22 Posts
JUST POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD.
Picked up my new e208GT on Monday which I had traveled 300 miles to get. Love the car but couldn’t get the adaptive cruise to work on the way home. Assumed that I was doing something wrong and only realised when I saw this thread last night that it’s not fitted to this car. Will speak to management at the dealer I bought it from on Monday. My Peugeot app won’t work either until a new version is released I’ve been told. Lots of money paid to be let down like this. Buck (or any other word that you want to insert here) up Peugeot!

·
Registered
Peugeot e208GT
22 Posts
Yes it should. I thought I was just being thick by not being able to operate it but it’s the wrong control stalk on
my car for the adaptive cruise function.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Edit ignore me, it’s a GT ?

Don’t you need to spec the £300 drive assist pack to get active cruise (if I recall from my carwow specs of an e-208 GT-Line)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts