Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,302 Posts
yeah pointless unless you only get 5hrs sleep a night between shifts :)

JJ
I did not mean what is the point of 3kW charging. I meant what is the point of 11kW option (when it'd be 7kW without it, I assume).

Actively choosing to reduce one's charge rate seems odd, or have I misunderstood what that option is?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did not mean what is the point of 3kW charging. I meant what is the point of 11kW option (when it'd be 7kW without it, I assume).

Actively choosing to reduce one's charge rate seems odd, or have I misunderstood what that option is?
To be honest it is a very strange option. If you happen to live in a house or farm that has 3-Phase electric outlets then the option would be great, however when I spoke to one of the engineers when demo'in the e-Corsa the 11kW charger does not switch phases. So when plugged into a fast charge 1 phase 32A charger (essentially most wallboxes or non-rapid charge stations) it actually charges at 3.7 kW or 15h to full instead of 7h 45m.

I have been able to confirm this anywhere specifically so I don't know for sure if it is true for sure. But it makes sense considering how little it is marketed and how dealers I went to did not offer it as an option unless you requested it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts