Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally reached the level of a Lifetime MPG 250. It's taken 3 years 1 month and 75,900 miles. First year of the commute had no destination charging so only one battery charge per day. Now that I can usually find a charger to plug into whilst at work it has steadily climbed from 88.8 to finally hit 250 today. Next step is 250+?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that @RickMGoldie will this mean that the metric will still keep climbing even although it is displaying imperial? I could then just check this weekly, I tend to switch to metric before filling up with petrol so I have a good idea of what it will take.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks for that @RickMGoldie will this mean that the metric will still keep climbing even although it is displaying imperial? I could then just check this weekly, I tend to switch to metric before filling up with petrol so I have a good idea of what it will take.
I think I'll start doing that regularly too now mine is in the 250+ mpg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,706 Posts
I leave mine in metric as I find it easier to judge fuel versus distances when optimising over my usual commute (~50 miles). If I am on a long trip knowing it will use a lot of fuel I will put it back to imperial.

FWIW, it only reads 'down' to 0.25L/100km (1130mpg), and then it drops off to zero. Or vice versa.

·
On a journey....
74 Posts
For what it is worth, I thought I'd bung my data on here as my Ampera has just hit 20k miles.
I'm just coming up to two years of ownership and have done 16k miles - although strangely the car only had 2,500 miles on it when I bought it?
Anyway, all my charging is done at home and so I've included the recorded power as well - fortunately, the huge majority of this is from my solar pv systems. Even at a relatively standard rate - say 15p, that equates to £ 700 for 16k miles (or zero in my case as I export more than I use...).
No difficult to see that I'm a solar PV fan.....
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2592.jpg

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts