Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be changing our i3 in the next year or so and have been looking at the Kona but it appears there is still no light coloured interior trim option, is there anyone here with some “inside” knowledge as to if it might become an option in the future?

·
Registered
552 Posts
We will be changing our i3 in the next year or so and have been looking at the Kona but it appears there is still no light coloured interior trim option, is there anyone here with some “inside” knowledge as to if it might become an option in the future?
I have the grey leather, is this what you mean? It was only available with some paint colours for some reason. I think white and ceramic blue + maybe one other.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is the "light" interior of the Kona.
It's in the garage so it looks a little dark but just to give you an idea.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
It does seem that light trims are not often offered for the UK market. You occasionally find white leather, but otherwise black/dark grey seems to be the rule ... occasionally relieved with coloured piping or something.
I've wondered why for many years.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
418 Posts
I feel black interiors are depressing and claustrophobic.:(
They hide the dirt of course!:rolleyes:
Agree, this is the worst aspect of my KIA Soul. Brighter interior, and exterior colour, choices are available in other markets.
The UK distributors for several marques seem to be in love with black trim!
Why do so many cars have black carpets, seats, walls & ceilings?

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Agree, this is the worst aspect of my KIA Soul. Brighter interior, and exterior colour, choices are available in other markets.
The UK distributors for several marques seem to be in love with black trim!
Why do so many cars have black carpets, seats, walls & ceilings?
So they can sell expensive panoramic roof options?

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
So they can sell expensive panoramic roof options?
But for the most part they don't offer those in the UK either! :mad:

The factories can do the options for some markets, but I assume the UK distributors have decided that they wouldn't sell here and/or make their life too complicated. Probably the latter - typical bone idle service.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was afraid of that......we only ever buy cars with light interiors, usually oyster/cream but not often white.

We made an exception with our i3 as we only have leather also and it only came with olive coloured leather, not black but indeed dark, the only aspect of our i3 we regret.

What to us is worse is when the manufacturer compromises and instals light seats and the rest of the trim IP, carpets, door cards etc are black.......what a cheap skate way to go and an awful uncoordinated look.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,509 Posts
Nothing worse than coming back to a dark interior car on a hot sunny day. It's finger tips on the steering wheel and very hot bums!
Well, not any more...remote cool :giggle:

Reactions: esprit1st
1 - 12 of 12 Posts