Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone come across an accurate list of differences between the 4 and 4+ ? Despite quite a bit of searching I can't seem to find anything definite.

So far differences I've read about seem to be (4+ has over the 4):

• Sunroof
  • Seat position memory which also enables wing mirror tilt on reverse
  • Heated rear outer seats
  • Traffic sign recognition allowing display of current speed limit and enabling smart speed control
What else is definitely different/improved between the two models?

I'm about to order my e-niro and can either get a '4' which will be ready to go within a few weeks or if I go for a 4+ then have the obvious many months long wait as well as having to spend several thousand more.

Nice as the above features are, none are anything I really care about so leaning heavily towards the 4 without the wait, but thought there might be some more features and improvements I've missed?! (the dealers don't seem to sure and KIA only have the 2, 3, 4+ specs listed on their site now).

Anyone have any info to add?!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi All,

Has anyone come across an accurate list of differences between the 4 and 4+ ? Despite quite a bit of searching I can't seem to find anything definite.

• Sunroof
  • Traffic sign recognition allowing display of current speed limit and enabling smart speed control

I'm about to order my e-niro and can either get a '4' which will be ready to go within a few weeks or if I go for a 4+ then have the obvious many months long wait as well as having to spend several thousand more.

Nice as the above features are, none are anything I really care about so leaning heavily towards the 4 without the wait, but thought there might be some more features and improvements I've missed?! (the dealers don't seem to sure and KIA only have the 2, 3, 4+ specs listed on their site now).

The 4+ will handle 3 phase charging. Surely that's the main difference. You can have a 11kw home charger if your home has 3 phase electricity. The 4 will still take 10 hours or so to charge on 11kw but the 4+ should charge in around 6 hours

The other stuff is just more icing on what is already a rather sweet cake!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 4+ will handle 3 phase charging. Surely that's the main difference. You can have a 11kw home charger if your home has 3 phase electricity. The 4 will still take 10 hours or so to charge on 11kw but the 4+ should charge in around 6 hours

The other stuff is just more icing on what is already a rather sweet cake!
Ah, that's cool for sure, amazed it wasn't easier to find as a key difference. Probably not worth it for me but can see it would be for some!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ah, that's cool for sure, amazed it wasn't easier to find as a key difference. Probably not worth it for me but can see it would be for some!
Yeah I had the chance to wait another 4 months for a 4+ but it would cost £4k minimum to get 3 phase in my house. I didn't think the other stuff was worth the wait or the extra grand.

·
Registered
300 Posts

I'do go for the 4+ (which I did!) it should only be £1k or so more, but I think the features are worth that.
The OTR prices on that list are well above the £33995 we paid for our MY20 (including 3 year service package and paint protection), how much is the 4+ best price?

Also we had our car, in our preferred colour within about 2.5 weeks of ordering it.

OTOH the 4+ features that would have been nice are the memory driver's seat position, the RCTA and especially the ventilated front seats, as I do get a sticky back on long drives with the fake leather, even with the climate control turned down to min temp.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi All,

• Sunroof

4+ has blind spot detection and rear cross traffic alert.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The OTR prices on that list are well above the £33995 we paid for our MY20 (including 3 year service package and paint protection), how much is the 4+ best price?

Also we had our car, in our preferred colour within about 2.5 weeks of ordering it.

OTOH the 4+ features that would have been nice are the memory driver's seat position, the RCTA and especially the ventilated front seats, as I do get a sticky back on long drives with the fake leather, even with the climate control turned down to min temp.
£33995 sounds like the price for the Niro 3. Does yours have a 7inch or 10 inch infotainment screen?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm positive the current speed limit isnt from traffic sign recognition. It's from the map data.
Theres somewhere I can check because my I3 always got it wrong in a particular 30 limit because a 20 sign in a side road confused it. I will see if the same happens with the KIA

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm positive the current speed limit isnt from traffic sign recognition. It's from the map data.
My experience (MY20) is that there is some kind of sign recognition going on. I live on the outskirts of a village (in a 40mph zone) the village itself is moving from 30mph to 20mph and so far some 20mph repeaters on the lamp posts have been put up (for some reason uncovered and not yet the full stretch) but the main sign for entering the zone is still 30mph (causing entertainment & confusion). When I set off the car doesn't pass any speed limits signs but displays 40mph (possibly remembered from last drive or from sat nav?) as I enter the village it displays 30mph (sat nav or recognition), as I drive past the first repeater the displays switches to 20 (sat nav not updated so must be recognised). As I said they've not done the full stretch though and after a while it flips back to 30mph (sat nav?).

A very unscientific method but depending on how the garden goes I may be willing to put on a white coat & grab a clipboard to make it official.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My experience (MY20) is that there is some kind of sign recognition going on. I live on the outskirts of a village (in a 40mph zone) the village itself is moving from 30mph to 20mph and so far some 20mph repeaters on the lamp posts have been put up (for some reason uncovered and not yet the full stretch) but the main sign for entering the zone is still 30mph (causing entertainment & confusion). When I set off the car doesn't pass any speed limits signs but displays 40mph (possibly remembered from last drive or from sat nav?) as I enter the village it displays 30mph (sat nav or recognition), as I drive past the first repeater the displays switches to 20 (sat nav not updated so must be recognised). As I said they've not done the full stretch though and after a while it flips back to 30mph (sat nav?).

A very unscientific method but depending on how the garden goes I may be willing to put on a white coat & grab a clipboard to make it official.
When you guys talk about MY20 what exactly does that mean? Is that a Niro 3 or 4 ? My Kia is a Niro EV 4. Ordered in 2019, delivered in sept 2020. In the UVO app the default name is Niro 19. I'm not sure the year you get the car is particularly relevant because earlier this year you could still get the Niro 3. What's important is Niro 3 or 4 or 4+.

·
Registered
184 Posts
E Niro in the UK.....

Model Year 2020 can only mean a 4.
MY 2019 can only mean FE (First edition)
MY 2021 can be 2, 3, 4+ (None registered yet AFAIK)

As of now, on the road in UK an E Niro can only be either a FE or a 4. There are no other versions currently.
(Afaik)
I hope this clarifies (and I hope I got it right too 🤔)

Peter

·
Registered
191 Posts
Got it.... I think.

Mine is a Niro 4 EV. Ordered in 2019, delivered 2 weeks ago in 2020. So mine is MY2020. Slightly confusing because the UVO app calls it Niro EV 19.

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
48 Posts
The 4 definitely has speed sign recognition and it isn’t getting it from maps. Having a lot of roadworks near me at the moment and they keep moving and changing the speed signs and the car picks them up every time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I've currently got a Honda HRV ice, waiting eagerly for my 4+ ordered beginning of July. The HRV has a) speed sign recognition and b) smart speed limiter.
The way it works for:
a) camera at top of front windscreen reads signs and displays on dashboard. It has no integration with the on-board Sat nav.

b) works by taking that info and when you have the smart speed limiter set it changes the speed limiter accordingly, ie if smart speed limiter set and you are in a 30, it is set at 30. As you pass a different speed sign ie 40, the limiter i creases to 40. If you go past a GLF sign (emergency driver name) orth we raise known as national speed limit sign, it is unable to set the speed and goes blank. It can't differentiate between single and dual carriage way, thus can't assign 60 or 70 speed limit.
I'm hoping the 4+ will have this smart speed limit, but with smart cruise control so it speeds up / slows down accordingly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts