Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aware some members have had ‘dodgy’ Amps from dealers eg Carshop.

Can we post reg plates so no one else is landed with these?

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am all for sharing information but I don’t think one bodged service or one failed component would make a car necessarily a bad buy. In the past, I have always made a point of discovering the previous owner and asking them for relevant information about the car. This always served me well but, so far, I have been unable to get any response from the Environment Agency manager who enjoyed my Amp as his ‘Company Car’ for three years.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here is the thread and the no plate is nl13 fpx.

I am all for sharing information but I don’t think one bodged service or one failed component would make a car necessarily a bad buy. In the past, I have always made a point of discovering the previous owner and asking them for relevant information about the car. This always served me well but, so far, I have been unable to get any response from the Environment Agency manager who enjoyed my Amp as his ‘Company Car’ for three years.
Agreed that ultimately cars are machines that can be fixed but all information helps to know what issues its had and whether they have been fixed properly or just bodged. I think it will become trickier going forward to track down previous owners as I'm sure they are removing that info from the log book due to data protection / gdpr regs. The last test drive I had the garage had "redacted" the previous owners name and address on a photocopy and whilst the sales guy was away there I was desperately trying to read it and enter the details into my phone. Didn't buy that car anyway.

Edit : Lol it was the one you looked at GJO ..... my memory is getting worse.

Edit2 : It's untaxed so doubt its been fixed!

Edit3 : Also meant to say there is a good value, low mileage and nice looking one on ebay at the moment albeit a cat c but the owner has been honest about it.

Can't find the mot history but assume that's to do with the private plate. BTW I'm not saying this is dodgy.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It is certainly a mystery car - the Carshop took a deposit of £99 from me just to reserve it for a test drive. They have not refunded my deposit and I will not forgive them for that. Surprisingly, my credit card provider will only entertain claims for fraudulent transactions if they are in excess of £100. An important lesson learned . . .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Was that £99 including vat?

It puts me off when garages want an admin fee to sell their own car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes - that was the total that they charged to my card. Usually, when buying a car, I go and have a look at it first then wait at least 24 hours before parting with any cash. I am always wary of pushy sales persons who try to get me to commit there and then and sign up to some sort of finance deal along with all sorts of add-ons like pre-sales valeting and protective coatings. I am grateful that I chose not to buy from the Carshop.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The tale of NL13FPX is the sort that can make a prospective Amp owner think twice. Nobody should have to go through that, and unfortunately any technical back-up is sketchy. To be fair though, this was a problem with the seller - if it happened to one already in ownership the knowledgeable owner would be straight on to Bellingers for advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts