Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
At Goodwood courtesy of free tickets from Vw. Just been told that the id.3 1st will only be 110kW at launch and software upgradable to 150kW.

They have not decided on cost if any to do that, but they were throwing around "if you just want it for the weekend drive you could unlock it for £50" or you could buy it outright.

Buyer beware!! Feel very let down!!

Edit. To clarify I'm talking about motor power

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
At Goodwood courtesy of free tickets from Vw. Just been told that the id.3 1st will only be 110kW at launch and software upgradable to 150kW.

They have not decided on cost if any to do that, but they were throwing around "if you just want it for the weekend drive you could unlock it for £50" or you could buy it outright.

What? Is that 150bhp?

That is a big let down!:sick:

·
Registered
223 Posts
The eSoul will be 200bhp! Bigger battery and probably faster and cheaper.... The ID3 is starting to look like a looser.
Oh and they said it will be €40,000 in Germany. That means it will probably be £40k in the UK and probably more if brexit happens before delivery. They dodged my questions about having to sign agreements to pay import duties like Porsche buyers have to at the momemt

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

110 kW = 150 BHP
150 kW = 201 BHP

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Well, they gotta leave some headroom for the ‘hot version’ I guess?!

150/201 bhp with associated torque is plenty for the road anyway, if we’re honest.

It seems, sometimes, that everything in EV land is about Top Trumps.

Cars are more than their motors, or at least most of them are...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, they gotta leave some headroom for the ‘hot version’ I guess?!

150/201 bhp with associated torque is plenty for the road anyway, if we’re honest.

It seems, sometimes, that everything in EV land is about Top Trumps.

Cars are more than their motors, or at least most of them are...
I think my gripe is that the id.3 1st specs when deposit placed was 150kw, not 110kw with a paid upgrade to 150kw

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
I think my gripe is that the id.3 1st specs when deposit placed was 150kw, not 110kw with a paid upgrade to 150kw

That would annoy me too.

Mind you, when I placed my deposit for the first chance at ordering, the power wasn’t confirmed? At least, if it was, I must have missed it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looking back at this:
It shows the motor power as 128kW.

Were there other figures floating about at the time? Now they are saying 110kW but who knows what will actually be offered!

Personally, if performance is similar to or marginally better than the eGolf (and the 110kW figure should allow that), then I will be happy.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Looking back at this:
It shows the motor power as 128kW.

Were there other figures floating about at the time? Now they are saying 110kW but who knows what will actually be offered!

Personally, if performance is similar to or marginally better than the eGolf (and the 110kW figure should allow that), then I will be happy.
I’ve had a look at everything official from VW, and also the information sent by VW at the time I placed my deposit, and power from the motor isn’t mentioned in any of it.

I think that perhaps inevitably people are mixing up official info (of which there is little until Frankfurt) with that of websites/dealer conversations and others.

Who are the people at the Goodwood Festival of Speed anyway, and what makes them qualified to make those comments, or are they speculative like a lot of the other stuff?

·
Registered
486 Posts
1. E-Gizmo, Kent, UK (Max*)
2. GordonP, Lincoln, UK
3. Jeremy Harris, Wiltshire, UK
4. ROJ, Staffordshire, UK
5. 5erge, London, UK
6. ianatkin, Cheshire, UK (Max*)
7. Prof, Hertfordshire, UK
8. shikoku14, West Yorkshire, UK
9. psikey, South Yorkshire, UK (Max*) Cancelled 21/5/19
10. John D, Milton Keynes, UK
11. John T, Cambridge, UK
12. Cantonalegod, Devon, UK (Max*)
13. Riz_Neo, South Yorkshire, UK (Max*)
14. Steve Ashton, Somerset, UK
15. POB_FBR, Hampshire, UK (Max)
16. Panda, East Yorkshire, UK
17. GTE Imp, Kent, UK (Plus but Base would be o.k. too)
18. Alan Highet, Nottinghamshire, UK
19. NorthernLeaf, Lancashire, UK
20. Todor, Derbyshire, UK
21. Blurb, Londinium, UK
22. Tim Ostler, Worcester Park, UK
23. Jeremy P, Surrey, UK
24. mhiggs2000, Essex, UK
25. hmy7k, Shrewsbury, UK
26. Richard A, Worcestershire, UK
27. kcrane, Gloucestershire, UK (Max)
28. zerotosixty2, Warwickshire, UK (Max*)
29. steve_d, Suffolk, UK
30. Rich Fitz, South Yorks, UK
31. Alex Haldane, Warwickshire, UK
32. Coda, Gloucestershire, UK
33. Warren cooper Cheshire, UK (Max*) only (cancelled 19/06/19)
34. Jon Chalk, Milton Keynes, UK
35. Polar57, Aberdeen, Scotland
36. Robin Miller, North Lancashire, UK
37. Phproxy, S. Yorks, UK (cancelled 5/6/19)
38. vsmith1, Lancashire, UK
39. Bruce P, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
40. Burnt_crisps2, Oxfordshire, UK (Max*)
41. azcn2503, Gloucestershire, UK
42. Jools, Devon, UK
43. MrPaulus, Bedfordshire, UK (Plus)
44. Tony Goodwin, Hampshire, UK
45. msimega, Essex, UK (Max*)
46. Dean Hamer, Rhondda Cynon Taff, UK (Max*)
47. TKD, Kent, UK (Plus)
48. Barmybuckle, Warwickshire, UK
49. DCN, Surrey, UK (Plus)
50. Adiebigdog, Oxford, UK (Max*)
51. LostAgain, Glasgow UK (Max only)
52. ScottyUK, Hampshire, UK (Plus)
53. Leccy, Yorkshire

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve had a look at everything official from VW, and also the information sent by VW at the time I placed my deposit, and power from the motor isn’t mentioned in any of it.

I think that perhaps inevitably people are mixing up official info (of which there is little until Frankfurt) with that of websites/dealer conversations and others.

Who are the people at the Goodwood Festival of Speed anyway, and what makes them qualified to make those comments, or are they speculative like a lot of the other stuff?
Screenshot 2019-07-06 at 13.08.46.png

A new video to watch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No they are not from an official source I just thought you might find the figures interesting.

They are actually from a frame of the video I linked to.

The reviewer from the AutoWeek magazine team was in the usual camouflaged car with a couple of VW engineers in the back. I’m just thinking that VW might have asked for this frame to be removed if they thought the info was misleading
It’s also interesting that these are also the official performance figures for the Seat El-Born on the Seat UK website. I don't think that VW would want the ID.3 to be outperformed by the El-Born that in many ways seems to be almost a clone.

For me the 150 Kw engine would also be nice since it would be a closer match to the Golf GTE I drive at the moment.

141 - 160 of 196 Posts