Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've just received my Nissan leaf 30kW in September. Have been happily using it for 16 mile round commute each day, but considering a longer journey from Crosby (Liverpool, L23) to Manchester airport.
It is a 42 mile journey- do you think I could do this on a single charge as a return journey? Could I do it at 70mph or would I need to speed restrict?
Alternatively are there any charging facilities at manchester airport, or companies that offer airport parking with EV charging? I'm flying out on a friday morning 09.30 flight (aiming to be at airport for 07.30), and return flight arrives on the monday at 19.30 hours.
Thanks for any advice

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
Easy peasy usually, except that your new/inexperienced. Get the car on Eco mode, don't go above 60, regen when you can and should be fine. Otherwise there is a wealth of charging options on route, so research them just in case. Taking a note of postcodes for chargers, is usually convenient, as if not in the Leaf's charger database you can just pop the postcode in and easily locate them.

As trips go it is pretty basic and routine stuff, even for a 24kW Leaf , a wee charge stop would not be a big deal. Appreciate your quite new at it though :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great thanks! Have just looked up the Sainsbury's rapid charge, and also seen there is the GMEV network locally too. Someone else on another thread has also mentioned Just Park- some space owners have EV too, so might rent a space through them.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I've done Manc to Liverpool a few times and it's comfortable in a 30kWh.
70mph indicated will be fine for 85 miles. Slow it down if you want more buffer.
I wouldn't go less than 65mph indicated or you'll get lorries overtaking and that's no fun.
If you're worried on the way back just pop into Ikea or Burtonwood for an Ecotricity top up.

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
Just in case your not aware, charging on an Ecotricity charger is not straight forward (or cheap) and requires use of an app. You of course have to be aware of the different operators and what you need to access any charger. You could also consider T2 charging options (slow charging + requires use of your own charging cable), if your not in a hurry and there is a convienent T2 charging option at a retail park or somewhere to grab a bite/shop for example. 1hr on a T2 charger gives a handy top up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts