Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
2321 - 2340 of 3602 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,321 ·
@ultranerds If they hadn't done it then they have to say or query on how essential it is before collection. Just returning the car and not even bothering to mention it in the hope the customer doesn't notice half a job has been done is even worse.

·
Registered
343 Posts
@ultranerds If they hadn't done it then they have to say or query on how essential it is before collection. Just returning the car and not even bothering to mention it in the hope the customer doesn't notice half a job has been done is even worse.
Yup - very frustrating. I'll be bringing it up with them. I had to get someone to collect me, and drop me off again once it was ready. So I was expecting that to be the only time I needed to do it. I'll see what they come back with on my comments about it. They've had other Corsa EVs in, so I'm sure I'm not the first to ask for the ECU update!

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,201 Posts
It is a required update under warranty. Make sure you also complain to Vauxhall HQ too. Get a case number and keep pestering Vauxhall Customer Service until you get this completed.

You were ripped off with the service cost and they didn't fulfill their requirement to complete the campaign update.

So, no name and shame for the dealer?

·
Registered
343 Posts
So, no name and shame for the dealer?
It was a Robin and Day dealership in Crawley. They've been good so far, which makes it more of a shame they screwed this one up. I'll be sure to mention to them when I speak to them that the ECU updates are required under warranty, just as much as the recalls that were done

·
Registered
343 Posts
FYI... this works for all PSA Group cars. Yes, that includes Vauxhall Corsa-e:

I tried this last night. Very weird setup! (as the guy said in the video, hes not sure why it doesn't just go the full way to start with!). Anyway, good to know that trick :)

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
325 Posts
Not sure why it doesnt go all the way to start with, bit strange. Presumably the rear ones go no further because of the shape of the door or something and the window basically having no further it can go inside the door.

·
Registered
343 Posts
FYI, new version of the Android app is now available 1.30.1, again no details on what has changed as it has been for the last version update.

Also there is an update for the infotainment system as well (6 GB in size)
Nice. Will check out the infotainment update. Any ideas whats in the changelog?

Good news! Tronity should start working again in the coming few days. Sebastian just updated me, that PSA has finally completed all the stuff needed to access their API again (literally months it has taken them ... eugh). Hopefully we will see the trip data starting again. I'm hoping (but not expecting) the historic trips to update as well - but its not a major biggie if they don't.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't understand why they don't show a changelog, so you can see what has changed, and if you want the faff of updating? It takes so long to do the updates! (been downloading for 20 mins, and still only half way through the "touch screen" software!)

Note to self: Don't be a muppet and try to manually copy over the files from the download folder straight onto your USB drive. Use the installer that'll format the USB drive and put the files in correctly on the USB drive. 2nd time I've done that!

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e Griffin7kw (71 plate), iPhone 13
205 Posts
I don't understand why they don't show a changelog, so you can see what has changed, and if you want the faff of updating? It takes so long to do the updates! (been downloading for 20 mins, and still only half way through the "touch screen" software!)

Note to self: Don't be a muppet and try to manually copy over the files from the download folder straight onto your USB drive. Use the installer that'll format the USB drive and put the files in correctly on the USB drive. 2nd time I've done that!
Your lucky its half-way after 20 Minutes, decent internet connection (38Mb), windows 10 computer, nothing else going on my broadband, and its being downloading since 10:35am and its only at 2minutes to go as at 16:42 :(, and using the latest Vauxhall updater, now they definitely need better servers for this

·
Registered
343 Posts
Your lucky its half-way after 20 Minutes, decent internet connection (38Mb), windows 10 computer, nothing else going on my broadband, and its being downloading since 10:35am and its only at 2minutes to go as at 16:42 :(
Crazy! Even after my screw up, it's now installing and getting close. I seem to remember last time it took forever to get through the last step!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Your lucky its half-way after 20 Minutes, decent internet connection (38Mb), windows 10 computer, nothing else going on my broadband, and its being downloading since 10:35am and its only at 2minutes to go as at 16:42 :(, and using the latest Vauxhall updater, now they definitely need better servers for this
And its just finished and said "error reading file" and removed the downloaded folder :mad::censored::censored::censored::censored:

·
Registered
343 Posts
And its just finished and said "error reading file" and removed the downloaded folder :mad::censored::censored::censored::censored:
:( I only did the display update (not the map). Will try the map another day but the file was huge

·
Registered
205 Posts
:( I only did the display update (not the map). Will try the map another day but the file was huge
Only got the display notification, which is 6gb, have found a link on GitHub for someone who "reverse engineers the psa-nac firmware", trying the down load link he has there.
Github link

edit: That's even worse speed only getting a download speed of 245KB/s says it will take 6+hours

·
Registered
343 Posts
Only got the display notification, which is 6gb, have found a link on GitHub for someone who "reverse engineers the psa-nac firmware", trying the down load link he has there.
Github link

edit: That's even worse speed only getting a download speed of 245KB/s says it will take 6+hours
Dang :/

Mine has finished installing now. But can't see anything glaringly obvious as to what has changed. I tested the power off, then unplug the phone, plug back in (on USB), and see if it kicks back into Android auto automatically, and it doesn't... so looks like that bug isn't sorted :( That being said though - it didn't put the radio on when I started (but that could be due to where the car is, as DAB isn't great around here)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dang :/

Mine has finished installing now. But can't see anything glaringly obvious as to what has changed. I tested the power off, then unplug the phone, plug back in (on USB), and see if it kicks back into Android auto automatically, and it doesn't... so looks like that bug isn't sorted :( That being said though - it didn't put the radio on when I started (but that could be due to where the car is, as DAB isn't great around here)
Well third times a charm, if you use the "Vauxhall Updater" and have a bad connection or the file does not download correctly ("read error" after download), close the program and clean up any temporary folders (windows machines) and start the "Vauxhall Updater" again, and it seems (current download) to be getting the file faster.

Note: also after it has downloaded, take a copy of the "tar" file before you click on the "next/continue" button to copy it to the USB drive.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well third times a charm, if you use the "Vauxhall Updater" and have a bad connection or the file does not download correctly ("read error" after download), close the program and clean up any temporary folders (windows machines) and start the "Vauxhall Updater" again, and it seems (current download) to be getting the file faster.

Note: also after it has downloaded, take a copy of the "tar" file before you click on the "next/continue" button to copy it to the USB drive.
Glad I took a copy of the files before the "Check" ran, again it showed a "read error", The download folder contained 2 "tar" files, the software and a "Licence" file, the tar licence file had a file of zero and no data in the file.

Could anyone check the contents of the USB drive and see if there is a license file in the root folder or is just the "updateinfo" and then the SWL folder?

2321 - 2340 of 3602 Posts