Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
3621 - 3640 of 3702 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's some consumption data from my rides this summer. The orange regression curve should pretty well estimate the consumption of the car on a flat road. Anything above can be chalked up to uphills and below to downhills. I've made an effort to filter out data points during which I've been decelerating or accelerating. I collected the data with an OBD reader and the Car Scanner app. Come winter, we'll see how it changes!
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Diagram

·
Registered
377 Posts
What are people doing for servicing now a days? They seem to have taken away the milage / time suggestions here:

I got my car in September 2020. Had my first "look over" service 27th July 2021. I know thats quite a bit before, but I wanted to get the ECU updates at the same time (as that gave the better regen and fixed some other issues)

Are people doing a 2nd "full" service after 1 year?

On another note - I noticed my front tyres are nearing the end (just on the edge of being legal). I've done just short of 16k miles - how's everyone else faring?

Trying to find replacements - mine show as 205 / 45R17:

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Wheel

Yet all the sites I'm looking at, only shows 215 as an option (not 215).

Rectangle Font Pattern Circle Symmetry

What am I missing?

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
362 Posts
Good to see they have got on top of servicing and its not still a fiasco!! Looks like they've got rid of the mileage\age info on the website as it wasnt really clearing things up for dealers who still didnt have a clue!! Might have to pop into our local dealer when i'm passing tomorrow to see what they say.

We had our first one at 8000 miles as they turned up earlier than a years ownership. The dealer i had it done by made such a farce of it i got it for free, the book is stamped but the app and vauxhall website dont show it was done. When the car got to about 12,000 miles it decided a service was nearly due which is neither the second one based on mileage or the first one based on age as we've still not had the car a year, that wont be til the end of september.

·
Registered
2021 Peugeot E-208 GT Premium
374 Posts
Mine (admittedly a Pug 208) has popped up saying service is due but it’s screwed up the miles / km side of things although time wise it’s correct. Guess I need to book it in and find out what they will want to charge me!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good to see they have got on top of servicing and its not still a fiasco!! Looks like they've got rid of the mileage\age info on the website as it wasnt really clearing things up for dealers who still didnt have a clue!! Might have to pop into our local dealer when i'm passing tomorrow to see what they say.

We had our first one at 8000 miles as they turned up earlier than a years ownership. The dealer i had it done by made such a farce of it i got it for free, the book is stamped but the app and vauxhall website dont show it was done. When the car got to about 12,000 miles it decided a service was nearly due which is neither the second one based on mileage or the first one based on age as we've still not had the car a year, that wont be til the end of september.
Thanks. I'm 15,700 miles so far. Got a trip I'm doing thats 180 miles each way - so that'll put me up to the 16k mark they used to say (going by past comments in this thread). I'll give the dealer a call when I get back from my trip to arrange the 2nd service. £200+ for that one though going by their website - so I think I'm gonna get them to do any ECU updates while its there as well! (things like battery %, and allowing pre-conditioning down to 30%, vs 50% crap they have now!)

Still trying to find some tyres. May pop down my local garage tomorrow and get them to price up for 2.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The app is still such a farce. Mine says I've done 25k miles, when in fact its just under 17k. I guess its still showing as bloody km!!! The GOM and other parts are correctly showing the mile units now (with right figures), but for some reason the idiots can't get it right in all the places at once sigh

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,627 ·
@ultranerds

For tyres I quite often use camskill. You can then pick exactly what you want and it's not going off the reg which can be wrong sometimes.

Tyres on the drive and blackcircles I have used before and they're both worth a look. You can usually override the reg look up if it's coming up with the wrong size.

·
Registered
377 Posts
@ultranerds

For tyres I quite often use camskill. You can then pick exactly what you want and it's not going off the reg which can be wrong sometimes.

Tyres on the drive and blackcircles I have used before and they're both worth a look. You can usually override the reg look up if it's coming up with the wrong size.
Thanks. I just ordered on BlackCircles. I like the way you can select a local garage to get them fitted as well :)

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e Griffin7kw (71 plate), iPhone 13
215 Posts
Just had Dealer (BSM/Vertu Motors) call me today, saying that my car has a recall on it (software updates), and would I also like to book it in for a service.

So I asked how much and the said £65, so its booked in for its first year service and software updates at the end of September, as that suited me better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My car just got the 2nd year service. My car is an occasion from 2020 and only had 9k km when I got it in Jan 2022. I'm pretty happy with what they did as my car has some very annoying squeeking breaks. That's all gone now. Unfortunately they have not been able to do the ECU updates so I have another appointment in august just for that....

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Must be some kind of record for mi/kwh. 😆

View attachment 164943
It's quite pleasing to see figures like 37 miles for a kWh when driving normally and getting some regen. The danger is doing 100s more on the back of a recovery truck having forgot to watch the road.
Bloody stupid numbers.
It would be nice to have everything on dial-like readouts with a little email or text sent with a proper account of how close we got to driving like grandad.

Gaz

• Haha
Reactions: ultranerds

·
Registered
Corsa-E Elite
85 Posts
18000 miles and 21 months of ownership and it's 94% SoH... I can't say I've noticed a difference.
I just got a Vgate iCar Pro and that works with the Car Scanner app without the Adaptor cable. I don't know if that helps anyone. Apparently various other "non-fake" ELM327 based devices should work with Car scanner too.
From various graphs on the internet it looks like it's common to drop 5% in the first year and then it flattens. At least that's what I'm hoping!

P.S.
It's 16000 miles/2 years after the last service I need to service it again right? So 24000 miles?

·
Registered
Corsa e SE Nav Premium
72 Posts
18000 miles and 21 months of ownership and it's 94% SoH... I can't say I've noticed a difference.
I just got a Vgate iCar Pro and that works with the Car Scanner app without the Adaptor cable. I don't know if that helps anyone. Apparently various other "non-fake" ELM327 based devices should work with Car scanner too.
Cheers, I'll try my Konnwei later.
Where about is the OBD2 port on the Corsa ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just booked mine into dealership for service, 33k miles on the clock. This is second service, last year they told me to ignore 8k, got it done first at 12 months which was 16k or so, got a dealership reminder for year 2. Round the houses many times, they tell me it is due but should be it's 4th service (I would say the dealerships still don't know, but nor does vauxhall service centre.) Anywho, I'll have it checked once a year, I'm on a service plan so may as well and I do drive a fair few miles to be fair.
Regardless, there's not a lot to check.
And tyres I changed at about 20k. Have dedicated EV ones now, maybe they will last a little longer? I am gentle with him and mostly motorway driving, not a lot of stop start.
Hope that clears it up at least a little

Bw
Nathan

Edit: regarding registration lookup for things like tyres ( and other accessories in Halfords etc.) I find the car still doesn't 'exist' which is really frustrating for a 2+ year old model. Been trying to find a child car seat recently and it doesn't exist on any of the checkers even on a brand new model of car seat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone know if we need a major/main or minor/interim service at the 2 year point? Dealer doesn't seem to know.

Also struggling to get out of them what the difference for each level is. They keep talking about oil changes and air filters... And this is a main dealer!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
362 Posts
Must be some kind of record for mi/kwh. 😆

View attachment 164943
One of my trip readings did this the other day....i dont reset them that often but I think Trip 1 was somewhere near 3000 miles and Trip 2 was 600 or so with both showing 3.9 mi/kwh but then i checked one day and Trip 1 had changed to show 999 mi/kwh for no apparent reason. I just reset it to clear it and start again.

·
Registered
Corsa e SE Nav Premium
72 Posts
One of my trip readings did this the other day....i dont reset them that often but I think Trip 1 was somewhere near 3000 miles and Trip 2 was 600 or so with both showing 3.9 mi/kwh but then i checked one day and Trip 1 had changed to show 999 mi/kwh for no apparent reason. I just reset it to clear it and start again.
Mine went back to the correct value on it's own shortly after it showed 999.
Good to hear the range is around 45000 miles though. :ROFLMAO:

3621 - 3640 of 3702 Posts