Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
3641 - 3660 of 3702 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
What are people doing for servicing now a days? They seem to have taken away the milage / time suggestions here:

Are people doing a 2nd "full" service after 1 year?

On another note - I noticed my front tyres are nearing the end (just on the edge of being legal). I've done just short of 16k miles - how's everyone else faring?
I got a shock when I saw our fronts were at 3.5mm after only 9000 miles; we've only done 1k miles in it so I assumed the previous user was ragging it all the time. It you are edge of legal after 16k then I guess you are a bit better than ours. We both drive like old ladies so I'm hoping we will get a lot more out of the last 2-3mm. Rears are sitting pretty at 6+....

Also coming up for a 2nd year service here; think I will ring round all the East Midlands dealers and see what they all say and quote; surely it can't be much to walk round a car and fill the washer bottle up!

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-E 2022
295 Posts
So. Two weeks later and it appears that the problem I have had with the Corsa being completely unable to charge irrespective of whether it’s AC/DC chargers is being treated first…with a new 12v battery. I am a little skeptical but it took them nearly a week of back and forth with the tech people elsewhere in the company so who knows might solve it.

In the meantime Vauxhall have given me a hire car - a somewhat battered 68 plate Ford Focus 1.0 125 eco boost from Europcar. It’s got wheels and an engine so suppose I shouldn’t complain - have stalled it a couple of times, haven’t driven a manual in years.

Eden cannot tell me how long it’ll take the part to arrive and they’ve booked this focus out for 8 weeks (!). Hopefully much sooner than that.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
So. Two weeks later and it appears that the problem I have had with the Corsa being completely unable to charge irrespective of whether it’s AC/DC chargers is being treated first…with a new 12v battery. I am a little skeptical but it took them nearly a week of back and forth with the tech people elsewhere in the company so who knows might solve it.

In the meantime Vauxhall have given me a hire car - a somewhat battered 68 plate Ford Focus 1.0 125 eco boost from Europcar. It’s got wheels and an engine so suppose I shouldn’t complain - have stalled it a couple of times, haven’t driven a manual in years.

Eden cannot tell me how long it’ll take the part to arrive and they’ve booked this focus out for 8 weeks (!). Hopefully much sooner than that.
Iffy 12v cause havoc with modern cars.
I had so much aggravation with a Nissan dealer I ended up swapping for a new battery myself, all the issues went away then immediately came back just prior to me selling the QQ and putting the original battery back.
For all their mystery diagnostic kit and some basic stuff anyone can buy they didn't have enough functioning brain cells between them to work out the battery was iffy even though I told them it was the first time I took it in.

After EH messed up the 12v and a lot more besides on the Mokka I went to a different dealer. Thought I'd have more nightmares and was fully prepared to just buy a replacement 12v and get them to fit it.
No problems, they actually knew what they were talking about and swapped the battery having agreed it's quite probably the main issue.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet, sometimes you get pleasantly surprised.

Gaz

Reactions: Rau1327

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
362 Posts
Quick one...we are going away on holiday for a couple of weeks. Driving down to the bottom end of France in our ICE Insignia so the Corsa will be sat on the drive for just over two weeks not moving.

Whats the best course of action for it to be left? Can it just be left in whatever state its in from its last use or do i need to plug it into the charger to keep it on charge whilst we are away?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Quick one...we are going away on holiday for a couple of weeks. Driving down to the bottom end of France in our ICE Insignia so the Corsa will be sat on the drive for just over two weeks not moving.

Whats the best course of action for it to be left? Can it just be left in whatever state its in from its last use or do i need to plug it into the charger to keep it on charge whilst we are away?
Ideally get the traction battery SoC down to below 50% and disconnect the 12v

Gaz

Reactions: rossnruss

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,646 ·

It's only 2 weeks so it should be fine to leave it unplugged. I'd be interested to know how much, if any, it loses over those 2 weeks. As I assume there still isn't a charge limit function it's probably better to leave it unplugged and sub 90% anyway.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cheers guys. Good chance it will be around or just below 90%, with my wife being back in work its generally being charged fully at her work so by the time she's driven home its about 89/90% left in it.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Take the Corsa! 😂

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just the 900 miles each way…with a 4yr old onboard and a load of luggage…not sure I can face trying to do it in the corsa!!
I just did a 180 mile trip in the Corsa up to Norfolk. The trip up was ok, but the trip back was the closest I have got to "range anxiety". At one point, I was down to 25 miles GOM (probably in reality more like 40, as the GOM is pretty crap), but still 25%. There were no signs up saying when the next services were so I just had to keep driving until I got to the one I was expecting. Finally when I got there, there were only 2 chargers and about 6 people waiting. So what was supposed to be a 10-15 min stop, turned into 1 hour. The 3 hour drive (+ a bit more for stop-offs) turned into a 6 hour one... so I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to do that with a 4 year old :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Corsa-E Elite
85 Posts
I just did a 180 mile trip in the Corsa up to Norfolk. The trip up was ok, but the trip back was the closest I have got to "range anxiety". At one point, I was down to 25 miles GOM (probably in reality more like 40, as the GOM is pretty crap), but still 25%. There were no signs up saying when the next services were so I just had to keep driving until I got to the one I was expecting. Finally when I got there, there were only 2 chargers and about 6 people waiting. So what was supposed to be a 10-15 min stop, turned into 1 hour. The 3 hour drive (+ a bit more for stop-offs) turned into a 6 hour one... so I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to do that with a 4 year old :ROFLMAO:
I prefer the old GOM, it was nice an accurate based on recent driving. I guess they changed it, because for most people driving on motorways the full battery range was predicted quite low like 140-160 miles, and no way near their 200+ spec. Now it starts off optimistic and slowly transitions to too pessimistic and panic 😆
P.S. I tried out the Tesla chargers at the Cambridge park and ride the other weekend. They worked great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
On another topic: Can anyone tell me what the size of the fuses in the interior fuse box is called? I want to put a fuse tap in for the dashcam but getting to the fuse box is a major hastle so I don't want to do it twice. Are they mini or micro? It's remarkable how the manuals avoid the subject.
By the way, I found some good information about fuse boxes and relays here Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa F (2019-2022..) fuse box and relay diagram. And especially the relays! Information about which is nowhere to be found...Just for the record.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Reactions: Johnny D

·
Registered
377 Posts
I prefer the old GOM, it was nice an accurate based on recent driving. I guess they changed it, because for most people driving on motorways the full battery range was predicted quite low like 140-160 miles, and no way near their 200+ spec. Now it starts off optimistic and slowly transitions to too pessimistic and panic 😆
P.S. I tried out the Tesla chargers at the Cambridge park and ride the other weekend. They worked great!
Indeed. Or better yet, I would prefer a % SOC rather than just the blocks. While driving, trying to figure out how many blocks/part blocks there are, and then calculating the 12.5% of each one to guess the % SOC is crazy. I hope they bring this option in with the new ECU updates (I've got mine going in for its 2nd service in a month or so, and will be asking for those updates to be put on)

Reactions: rossnruss

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have all the Tesla charging points opened up now for non-Tesla users? How do you pay for them?
Not all of them. There were some at the M11 services last week, and it said we couldn't use them (there are only 2 GridServe ones there, and a huge queue :(). I've not managed to come across any open Tesla ones on my travels, so haven't had a chance to test yet

Reactions: Shamps01

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
OPEL CORSA e
101 Posts
Indeed. Or better yet, I would prefer a % SOC rather than just the blocks. While driving, trying to figure out how many blocks/part blocks there are, and then calculating the 12.5% of each one to guess the % SOC is crazy. I hope they bring this option in with the new ECU updates (I've got mine going in for its 2nd service in a month or so, and will be asking for those updates to be put on)
HI, When was the altest update released. my car was in for a service in Ireland here in june. did an update but still no % on GOM.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
HI, When was the altest update released. my car was in for a service in Ireland here in june. did an update but still no % on GOM.
Different models have different sized screens for the instruments so may well be displaying different versions of similar,are things.
Not only is it important to say which model and year but also stationg the software version and screen size might need to be clarified to get to the bottom of what some say they see compared to others.
Photographs would be hugely helpful because someone might realise why they see what they do.

Gaz

3641 - 3660 of 3702 Posts