Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
3681 - 3700 of 3834 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,683 ·
I'm confused about the service intervals. I've leased my Corsa-e and the site said 2yr interval, but the dash is showing a 12m interval. What is the correct interval?
Nobody knows for sure as owners have heard all manner of different schedules. It's everything from every 12 months or every 2 years depending on who was asked. The km to miles conversion failing also triggered service warnings in a lot of cars at 6000 miles.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
731 Posts
Not sure. My last ECU update was July 2021, so well over a year ago. Not sure what updates there will be, but I'm going to ask them to install anyway. Mine was the top of the range back when I got it 2 years ago, but not sure if the specs have changed since
My 2020 Corsa had a software update in April. It has transformed it; the GOM is now very accurate, the auto wipers don't need resetting every trip, and proximity locking works (we didn't think we'd like it, but we do).

·
Registered
389 Posts
My 2020 Corsa had a software update in April. It has transformed it; the GOM is now very accurate, the auto wipers don't need resetting every trip, and proximity locking works (we didn't think we'd like it, but we do).
Interesting. I had my ECU update July last year I think. Hopefully they do the same for me! (Still got to book it in though lol)

·
Registered
Corsa e 2022 50kwh 11kw
29 Posts
What’s the most anyone has had from a journey. I’m planning the Lakes from Bradford in a couple of weeks which is 99 miles door to door to go hiking. So… in theory, that makes it 198 miles in total. Car is 2 months old and only done 1000 miles so far and averaging 4per kW in total so far. Feels a bit twitchy bum to try and do both legs on one full charge?

·
Registered
389 Posts
What’s the most anyone has had from a journey. I’m planning the Lakes from Bradford in a couple of weeks which is 99 miles door to door to go hiking. So… in theory, that makes it 198 miles in total. Car is 2 months old and only done 1000 miles so far and averaging 4per kW in total so far. Feels a bit twitchy bum to try and do both legs on one full charge?
You won't get 2 trips in one charge. At best, you would want to charge up at the destination. Real-world (motorway driving) I get probably 160-170miles to a 100% charge (not that I've ever let it get to 0%!). I'm always more comfortable doing smaller charges at shorter stops (enough for a cup of coffee or stretch the legs)

Reactions: Jonro2009

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Driven with care you'd probably have miles to spare but when presented with a nice bit of road it would be difficult.
I'd stop off on apotiach and get it back up to 80% then no wuckers on the way back.

Gaz

·
Registered
Corsa e 2022 50kwh 11kw
29 Posts
You won't get 2 trips in one charge. At best, you would want to charge up at the destination. Real-world (motorway driving) I get probably 160-170miles to a 100% charge (not that I've ever let it get to 0%!). I'm always more comfortable doing smaller charges at shorter stops (enough for a cup of coffee or stretch the legs)
Just wish there were more fast charging stations in the Lakes. Quite sure the Tesla’s will be in force up there on a Bank Hol Saturday 😂.

Going to see how far back down I can get even if I get into the single figures on the SOC as long as I know there is a 50kW somewhere handy 😬

·
Registered
110 Posts
Driven with care you'd provably have miles to spare but when presented with a nice bit of road it would be difficult.
I'd stop off on apotiach and get it back up to 80% then no wuckers on the way back.

Gaz
Ignore the GOM and see how much actual power you've used getting there. Say 48%? Then you should get back OK. 52% go charge. Or ignore it till your down to 15% then hunt for a charger if more than 10 miles from home.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Eco mode, regen, no A/C… could be fun.
Eco mode or wear slippers, B mode regen when it will be beneficial rather than all the time you'll add a few miles range. No aircon, get drowsy, get nabbed by a rozzer and there are fines being mentioned by some of the gutter press. Once it's just maintaining the temp, the aircon won't drain as much as you might think, it's the heater that might be a bit hungrier.

If it was me I'd probably be looking for a rest by 75 miles so a quick splash up to 80% makes sense then you'd still have well over your [can I do it on] 50% on the way back.

Next time you go in similar weather you'd have a better idea how much you can push things.

You can also work out how much benefit you get from B as and when or B all the time.

When new to EVs you need to play with all the stuff.

Gaz

Reactions: Shamps01

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just looking at the service stuff. Came across this when triyng to work out what they actually do:

It says:
  • An Interim Service (which is the vehicle's 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th) Consists of an oil and filter change, fluid-level checks (anti-freeze/coolant, brake/clutch fluid, power-steering fluid - if applicable - and screen wash top-up), a visual leak check, tyre pressure check and adjustment if needed, wash-wipe system check and adjust, lighting check, brake check, suspension check and a road test, as well as a many other checks. You'll normally receive a copy of the checklist that was filled out during the service.
  • The Main Service (the vehicle’s 2nd, 6th, 10th) as per interim service plus replace battery in key fob, pollen filter, diesel fuel filter (if required) and brake fluid. Drive-belt, exhaust line and bonnet catch inspection. Headlamp alignment, parking brake check and adjust.
  • The Major Service (the vehicles 4th, 8th, and 12th service) as per main service plus replace the petrol fuel filter, spark plugs and air filter.

Price wise for EV's they have:

Interim: £90
Main: £239
Major: £265

All the stuff in bold above is basically nonsense for EV's. So what exactly are they doing on the main and major that equates to £149 worth of extra work? Seems like another 10 minutes of work to me? And the "major" one is a joke - all the "extra" stuff they mention are not even used in EV's :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Road worthiness checks aren't a bad idea as a lot of people don't even check all 4 wheels are still on before driving off!
I hear you!

Maybe I'm just bitter as its been a stupidly expensive month for me on the car. £360 insurance, £260 for 2 new front tyres, £100 for a replacement window (was getting the chip fixed, but it then cracked and wrote the window off - just my luck!), and then the service at another £239.

Although, comparing it to ICE service charges the interim price is about £100 cheaper, and the other "higher up" services are £200~ more, so its not all bad news :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: srichards

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've just had my 2 year service done. Asking the dealer whether I needed an interim (about £120) or major (about £180) service, they didn't know. Going through their list of what was covered on each level and removing the things only relevant to an ICE, we were left with the same list, so we went with the interim service.

This whole mess with dealers is pretty poor show. How can Vauxhall not know what a Vauxhall needs?

Good news is they did a load of software updates, and I now don't need to turn the auto wipers off and back on again after turning the car on for them to work.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've just had my 2 year service done. Asking the dealer whether I needed an interim (about £120) or major (about £180) service, they didn't know. Going through their list of what was covered on each level and removing the things only relevant to an ICE, we were left with the same list, so we went with the interim service.

This whole mess with dealers is pretty poor show. How can Vauxhall not know what a Vauxhall needs?

Good news is they did a load of software updates, and I now don't need to turn the auto wipers off and back on again after turning the car on for them to work.

Hopefully they do my ECU updates as well :)

BTW, there are 3 types of service:

1. An Interim Service (which is the vehicle's 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th)
  2. The Main Service (the vehicle’s 2nd, 6th, 10th)
  3. The Major Service (the vehicles 4th, 8th, and 12th service)

The Main Service (the vehicle’s 2nd, 6th, 10th) as per interim service plus replace battery in key fob, pollen filter, diesel fuel filter (if required) and brake fluid. Drive-belt, exhaust line and bonnet catch inspection. Headlamp alignment, parking brake check and adjust.

So really they should have done a "main" service, which would have included the battery in key being changed, etc. Its crazy a dealer doesn't know this!

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,700 ·

Wow. It's only taken them 2 years to make Auto Wipers work like any sensible manufacturer does already :)

Don't suppose the Bluetooth reconnects and picks up where it left off if you use that for music by any chance?

3681 - 3700 of 3834 Posts