Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
3821 - 3840 of 3908 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Invoice for 1st year (only 3500miles done approx.) said next service September 2024,MOT September 2024🤔
I wouldn't trust that. Firstly, you should get a service done yearly - irrespective. It can pick up on stuff you didn't notice. Secondly, are you PCP or own the vehicle? If you own it, people will want to see a yearly services - if you don't, then whoever you are "renting" the car from will want to see annual services, to show you are looking after it :))

Its crazy Vauxhall haven't clarified this. Even the dealer I got my 2nd year service at didn't really know

Reactions: Pharris3267

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,212 Posts
I wouldn't trust that. Firstly, you should get a service done yearly - irrespective. It can pick up on stuff you didn't notice. Secondly, are you PCP or own the vehicle? If you own it, people will want to see a yearly services - if you don't, then whoever you are "renting" the car from will want to see annual services, to show you are looking after it :))

Its crazy Vauxhall haven't clarified this. Even the dealer I got my 2nd year service at didn't really know
I'm sorry, but that is just plain wrong. It is an electric vehicle with very few moving parts. It has ALWAYS been a fact that the Corsa-e is serviced every 2 years/16,000 miles. The year 1/8,000 miles is not a "service" but just an inspection. Anyone. who paid more than £50-£60 for that "inspection" has been ripped off, big time.

ICE cars may need interim/major service every year but that doesn't apply to EVs. The Corsa-e (and probably all Stellantis cars) will have 2 year/16,000-mile servicing schedule. Also, if you pay more than an hour's labour costs plus any parts you are also being ripped off.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm sorry, but that is just plain wrong. It is an electric vehicle with very few moving parts. It has ALWAYS been a fact that the Corsa-e is serviced every 2 years/16,000 miles. The year 1/8,000 miles is not a "service" but just an inspection. Anyone. who paid more than £50-£60 for that "inspection" has been ripped off, big time.

ICE cars may need interim/major service every year but that doesn't apply to EVs. The Corsa-e (and probably all Stellantis cars) will have 2 year/16,000-mile servicing schedule. Also, if you pay more than an hour's labour costs plus any parts you are also being ripped off.
thats another massive issue with vauxhall (the entire group) they dont have a set price for EV servicing. they dont know

I paid £89 i think it was for first service, was bit high but others paid £100 plus

second service this summer was like £220 or something ridiculous

the lack of clear understanding of EV from their group is disgusting and I will be moving away as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e Griffin7kw (71 plate), iPhone 13
256 Posts
thats another massive issue with vauxhall (the entire group) they dont have a set price for EV servicing. they dont know

I paid £89 i think it was for first service, was bit high but others paid £100 plus

second service this summer was like £220 or something ridiculous

the lack of clear understanding of EV from their group is disgusting and I will be moving away as soon as I can.
BSM Newcastle (Part of the Vertu Motors Group) charged me £49.28 ex vat, plus £1.04 for washer fluid and £10.06 VAT for a total of £60.38 for 1st service and said second would be £178 (inc VAT).

·
Registered
346 Posts
BSM Newcastle (Part of the Vertu Motors Group) charged me £49.28 ex vat, plus £1.04 for washer fluid and £10.06 VAT for a total of £60.38 for 1st service and said second would be £178 (inc VAT).
thats a much better pricing, if I was you i would insist on servicing it at 16,000 miles or year 2 ann and then go for year 4 or 32000 miles

·
Registered
410 Posts
Have others noticed they are getting kicked out of the app lately and have to sign back in, maybe a few times a week ? Is there any solution ?
Same for me - and bloody annoying! Sometimes a few times a day. You'd think after all this time they could stop screwing up the app!!!

Reactions: sungrad

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e. Premium Elite Nav 11kWh
77 Posts
The app is ridiculous. Like others, I am frequently being logged out and then tonight I received in excess of 2600 notifications! My phone makes a very small chirp when a notification is received from the Vauxhall app, times that by 2600 and it would go on for hours. Of course I turned notifications off as soon as I got more than 10 in just a few seconds, but seriously Vauxhall WTF!?!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
The app is ridiculous. Like others, I am frequently being logged out and then tonight I received in excess of 2600 notifications! My phone makes a very small chirp when a notification is received from the Vauxhall app, times that by 2600 and it would go on for hours. Of course I turned notifications off as soon as I got more than 10 in just a few seconds, but seriously Vauxhall WTF!?!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Boss has mg suv

College has a id4

There apps are so much better

·
Registered
10 Posts
Car has been in the shop for 18 days now today. Got the same error as in this post, Corsa e traction fault (Park mode)
"Electric traction system fault: Repair needed".
18 months old, 18000 km.
Tried to pull the cable from the battery two times but the error was back within a few seconds.
Error in the app as well, something about "hybrid drive system problems"
The service has been good, dropped the car off the next day and they told me a circulation pump for the battery needed replacement. Just over one week to get the new pump, but then there was some problems with a three way valve, still waiting for a replacement valve. Got a loaner car from the dealer.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have had the following from Vauxhall management

“They have confirmed with me that your vehicle will need to be serviced every 2 years, or 16,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the initial date of registration.

Including the 'initial operation service' required after 1 year or 8,000 miles, your vehicle will require 2 services within the first 24 months of ownership on age alone.”

Therefore the servicing is as follows
Year 1 after registration or 8000 miles
Years 2, 4, 6 etc after registration or per 16,000 miles

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e (Elite Nav Premium)
74 Posts
Had my Corsa-e in for its first service the other day. Around £60 at Bristol Street Motors Vauxhall in Keighley. When the receptionist asked what I'd been quoted over the phone and I told her £60, she seemed shocked! Until I told her it was an EV 😆 All came back without any problems. However, one thing I've noticed since I got it back are that the windscreen wipers are much more sensitive now, perhaps too sensitive. Considering they weren't sensitive enough before, they can't seem to get it right...

·
Registered
346 Posts
New ones this morning

Charge problem as normal until it's fixed

Car decided it wouldn't go into ready mode, would only stay in battery mode

Went back got wife's key just incase was that.. nope

So popped bonnet. Battery on and off. Not even 2 seconds

Back in car in ready mode but needs the 5 min settle down

So went back in made a tea for My travel cup and it was ready to go

Piece of rubbish

·
Registered
256 Posts
New ones this morning

Charge problem as normal until it's fixed

Car decided it wouldn't go into ready mode, would only stay in battery mode

Went back got wife's key just incase was that.. nope

So popped bonnet. Battery on and off. Not even 2 seconds

Back in car in ready mode but needs the 5 min settle down

So went back in made a tea for My travel cup and it was ready to go

Piece of rubbish
Yep, if it had some decent customer support behind it and if they knew what they were actually doing even after what 3 years since launch, but this I all I can afford at present after changing my job, so I am just going to stay with the one I have got. Other day was only getting 1.9 ml/kw and this is after the 1st service, it has improved slightly to 3.1 but that’s to be expected due Change in weather temp

there you go another rant🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yep, if it had some decent customer support behind it and if they knew what they were actually doing even after what 3 years since launch, but this I all I can afford at present after changing my job, so I am just going to stay with the one I have got. Other day was only getting 1.9 ml/kw and this is after the 1st service, it has improved slightly to 3.1 but that’s to be expected due Change in weather temp

there you go another rant🤷‍♂️
Got this on 18th October after being told 10 days for the new onboard charger after demanding one since August , they finally agreed on the 27th sept and ordered the part

See if it's fixed by Xmas eh

I have been chasing up the part on order for your vehicle, I apologise but at this time I do not have a confirmed delivery date. I have escalated your order with our parts team and I can confirm your order is being prioritised.

I will continue to chase this up, as soon as I have a confirmed date for delivery I will be in touch. Due to the global shortage of semiconductors and computer chips, we are experiencing slightly longer delays receiving parts. We are aware of the situation and are doing our utmost to fulfil orders.

If you require any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me either on the number below or via reply to this email.

I apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience.

3821 - 3840 of 3908 Posts