Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 3834 Posts

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Had a play with the satnav for first time today as usually use apple maps. I really liked it on the instrument screen and it showed the charge points on it too. Wonder if the charge points are via the live data or if embedded in the map updates.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Who knows. I'd hope they get live updates from a sensible data source. The Leaf was useless in this respect.

I've just got a massive 32GB usb key to allow map updates. I'll probably have a separate smaller one for firmware updates.

Such a novelty if you can just update your own car without fannying about with dealers.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bluetooth is still not reconnecting and becoming the source automatically. Constantly have to switch it from radio. I find that infuriating on any modern car. It should mute the radio until bluetooth is available. Even the Zoe managed that. The leaf would always manage that as well. It's basic AV behaviour. There isn't even a setting to say 'mute radio until bluetooth is available' or only use bluetooth. Or select nothing if bluetooth isn't there. Even that would be better.

The Start is still unreliable. Even with a long press on the start button it doesn't always go to ready so have to effectively start it twice to get to ready.

Keyless entry is crap. The door handle system doesn't always work so you stand there like an idiot pressing on the right place several times before it will lock or unlock. Actual physical rubber buttons are far better.

I have set up a profile as i managed to find where the language settings were to change them to English. I have no idea whether that will make any difference to the bluetooth irritation.

I also found a plastic doodad in the glovebox which looks the wireless charging thing you need to wirelessly charge a phone in the gear stick tray thing. That's got a shark symbol on it so does that mean it's got wireless phone charging??

The bluetooth thing really, really bugs me. It's the one thing I find really annoying as I've now had so many cars for so long that just pick up where you left off that having to have some awful radio forced down you ears first just 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 It makes me hate the entire car. Which is silly but true...

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
I will check mine but my radio never comes on automatically. I have to go to sources and physically select radio.

i would go to dealers with the starting problem. Mine has never not started on first try. Maybe there is a software update the dealers have that can fix that.

i think the keyless entry has a weekish signal. If i have my key in the right pocket and stand with my right pocket facing the door it works With jus a gentle touch of the handle but if my left side is facing the door it doesn’t work as good

what thing is in the glove box for wireless charging? I didnt think uk and irish cars had wireless charging!

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's a plastic rectangle that looks like a bit of trim covering. It appears in a manual about wireless charging so I was curious! I may have to take a photo...

My key is in a top pocket rather than a lower one. I may try moving it. It's always lived there and the Zoe and Leaf were both happy with it. Wonder if the key thing is why it's funny about starting up? I did lean into the car the other day and try and start it and it didn't know the key was there. Never had that with the Leaf.

My radio always comes on automatically. It's never not on. I have to go to sources to get at bluetooth and I expected it to reconnect to bluetooth automatically if that was my last used device. It just seems stuck on always having the radio on.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I take it back. The phone doesn't even fit flat in the area as it's too small! I can't get it in there at all with any thing plugged into the accessory socket.

Plastic thing looks like some weird stand.

Not a clue what it's for or where it's supposed to live.

Start only works if you press and hold start until you see it say ready. Which is ages longer than the Leaf.

Can't get it away from radio. It's not possible to having nothing as pressing power button on AV unit basically mutes it rather than turning it off. I may have to read the infotainment manual again to see if there's anything about starting it up with nothing on at all.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Any tips on getting this working, I've had mine 3 weeks do 1200 miles but I still can't see the battery percentage on my phone (or on the dash unless its actually charging).
I activated the e-remote on the 7th August, I mainly use my phone plugged in with Android Auto which seems to prevent the My Vauxhall App logging the journeys, I don't need this in particular but just wonder if that's stopping the e-remote fully activating. I just have the SE NAV not the Elite but I thing this should work on both right?

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
@christianedward

There is a private mode somewhere. I wonder if that's been turned on?

I'd try with the phone not plugged in. In the my vauxhall website does it show the e remote service as activated or not? Start the app while sat in the car with it on and with bluetooth on. That might kick it up the bum to start.

Are you using the same car key each time?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, thanks I've tried all that.
Key, Bluetooth, Private Mode off.
After 10 days or so the Journeys Tab appeared with some (but not all) of the journeys I'd made but it hasn't updated since.
Climate and Charge are there just blank and "Vehicle cannot complete this Request" when I click refresh.
I tried to get some tech support from @Vauxhall on twitter but they say I have to take the car back to the dealer.
My car is leased so wasn't from the local dealer.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Oh. Doesn't sound great. The connectivity system they use seems rather similar to the Nissan one. Sounds like it's lost connection with the car.

There doesn't seem to be a way if checking whether it's got a strong mobile signal. In other connected cars I've had there's always been in info page you can see whether it's connected and the signal is good.

I think a trip to a dealer is probably is probably needed unfortunately.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
You could try to connect The car to your home wifi and see if that activates the app.
Or turn on your cars wifi and connect your phone to it and see if you are getting anything.

the service book in the car says you are entitled to take the car to any opel / vauhall dealer in europe for warranty business

·
Registered
2020 Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7kw
249 Posts
Just had my new Corsa-e delivered. Potato quality photo with door open, oops.

Finding the owners manual particularly awful so far. So I don’t go mad with range anxiety, bottom left is the trip/odo, and bottom right is the predicted range remaining, right?

Had a moment of mild panic thinking that the dealer had delivered me a car with 1 mile of range remaining...they really should add a percentage gauge to the display 😂

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yes. The miles on the right is how many you have left and it's got the segment display as well. You can't get a percentage until you get the app working. It's a bit silly as every previous EV owner immediately wants a battery percentage display.

I would have been lucky to have 766 miles to a fill :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really like the simple display, but the lack of a percentage is frustrating.
The range "guestimate" is pointless and sometimes distrubing. I've had it show 217 miles at 100% then a couple of days later (after a 120 mile trip with bikes in the roof) showed 155 miles also at 100%.
I've only just discovered how to change the display (using the left hand stalk) to access the trip computer but that does really help either.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Hopefully they will add features with updates. Maybe we should find an email address and send requests.

does anyone know how the blind spot assist works? I have it on in settings but have never seen the lights come on on the mirrors. Does it only activate if im indicating or should any car passing in the outside lane activate it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hopefully they will add features with updates. Maybe we should find an email address and send requests.

does anyone know how the blind spot assist works? I have it on in settings but have never seen the lights come on on the mirrors. Does it only activate if im indicating or should any car passing in the outside lane activate it? Thanks
Yes. Same here. I turned it off and on again and then it did seem to start to work. It's nothing like the Leaf one which is always flashing there's somebody around. I was about to complain it didn't work then saw it flash on a roundabout when someone was in my blind spot..

I haven't been indicating when it's been active yet so I don't know whether it beeps like the Leaf did.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,927 Posts
I take it back. The phone doesn't even fit flat in the area as it's too small! I can't get it in there at all with any thing plugged into the accessory socket.

Plastic thing looks like some weird stand.

View attachment 134052

Not a clue what it's for or where it's supposed to live.
A moment's googling of the part number on that item (Citroen 9656869080), reveals it to be a folding wheel chock for when you have the car up on a jack.

21 - 40 of 3834 Posts