Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1241 - 1260 of 1343 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
My first post here, we've had our Corsa a few days and all in all I'm loving it (company car and zero BIK), but I'm hoping for some advice on range. We've charged it fully two nights in a row and in the morning the battery is showing 100%, but the max range it's shown is 150km?

Is this because of the current cold temperatures, or is there something wrong? If this is the genuine range, that's going to be a huge issue for me in terms of frequency of charging. Or is a call to the dealer in order? Thanks.
I just fully charge range said 168 miles which is 270 km

No way will 150 be right long term

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7.4kW
71 Posts
Mine never goes below 188 miles on a full charge and that’s after it’s finished charging and been sat in the cold for hours. Real range I’d say in current weather is 135-150 miles including motorways going at least the speed limit, non of this 60/65mph stuff.

I don’t use the trip thing though and maybe that is what it’s basing the starting range off of.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
231 Posts
Just got a recall for my car to have the air conditioner compressor changed. Wonder if i will get better heat afterwards? Dealer said will take about 2 weeks to get the parts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just got a recall for my car to have the air conditioner compressor changed. Wonder if i will get better heat afterwards? Dealer said will take about 2 weeks to get the parts.
Be interesting to see. Mine isn't great, but as long as I pre-heat its decent. Nothing like an ICE heater, BUT obviously it doesn't have the silly amount of heat coming off an engine to make use of!

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
98 Posts
I have noticed some strange behavior with heating and AC, I wonder if it's related:
When I choose AUTO on the AC/heating, it doesn't blow any air to the front vents. It seems that it blows air to the windshield and footwells.
It doesn't change even after it gets to the temp I set. I always have to go into the menu and choose front vents.
It sounds like a software bug to me, but maybe the recall addresses this too?
Do you guys get the same behavior?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,248
Mine is doing around 150 odd to a charge roughly. That's the same journey pattern the other one was suggesting 125-135 for. It does stubbornly start with 180-190 miles each full charge.

I leave the heating on Auto and don't mess with it at all. The other one seemed to need fiddling with as it was constantly too hot or too cold all the time. This one seems more sensible. I do wonder whether sensors are calibrated properly so some cars are more reactive than others.

·
Registered
2020 Corsa-e SE NAV 7kw (20 plate) (Google Pixel, Android App)
35 Posts
Any one getting the "Over voltage detected" message, when using a USB cable to connect to the infotainment system, to get android auto working.

This only looks to be started happening since the infotainment system was updated back in December 2020.

I also thought someone posted earlier on in this thread that you need to replace the USB C cable, if so any brand which seems to work best?

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
98 Posts
Yay! E-remote started to show up on myOpel app!

It took a while for activation to happen, but then one day I got an email that said activation was successful.

Then it took about a two weeks for E-remote to show up on the myOpel Android app.

I wonder if both events have anything to do with tethering my phone to the infotainment using Bluetooth.
Every time I re-enable bluetooth on my phone, the internet tethering setting needs to be re-enabled too. Kind of annoying.
I think I enabled it before a long trip and then activation was successful. Today I enabled it again before driving home from work, and all of a sudden E-remote showed up.
I wonder if it's related or just a coincidence :rolleyes:

Anyways it's working, and I'm so glad I can finally see battery state as a percentage number, and not just bars.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
98 Posts
Any one getting the "Over voltage detected" message, when using a USB cable to connect to the infotainment system, to get android auto working.

This only looks to be started happening since the infotainment system was updated back in December 2020.

I also thought someone posted earlier on in this thread that you need to replace the USB C cable, if so any brand which seems to work best?
My infotainment is also updated to the latest version possible (I think it's also the December one...).
Haven't had such problems. I used two different cables and both worked fine.
Maybe your cable is causing a short circuit?
Just try another one, preferably of good quality.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My e208 is going in next week for the A/C recall. 2hrs or so work. Components weren't mentioned, perhaps they have stock of what's required.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just fully charge range said 168 miles which is 270 km

No way will 150 be right long term
Full charge overnight, reporting a massive 210km this morning ;)

Have reset the trip so we'll see how far we get - have two trips totaling about 200km today and tomorrow to do.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Full charge overnight, reporting a massive 210km this morning ;)

Have reset the trip so we'll see how far we get - have two trips totaling about 200km today and tomorrow to do.
Car wow did a video of how far they go

Corsa In 31 degree summer full AC on motorway got 174 miles so 280 km

Should be fine

·
Registered
56 Posts
My E remote hasn't updated for over a week.
I'm still getting journey updates (for about 2/3 of journeys as usual) but no SOC and I can't change the preconditioning.
Vauxhall say take it to a dealer but I'm not sure I can be bothered, as it usually just recovers itself. It's not been off for this long before.
I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app and after logging back in its the same as before. Seems to be an issue on the car side. Anyone ever tried a full reset by disconnecting the battery? Seems easier than taking it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,257
@christianedward Log into the myvauxhall site and check what's happening with it there. There is also the vauxhall connect site as well. Make sure it's enabled. There's a rat's nest of places it can be knackered!

Battery reset isn't a bad idea. I notice the positive has an easy flip up disconnect thingy on it.

Also make sure the privacy setting isn't on in the car either as I think that blocks the use of the eremote. I forget where it's buried but it's worth checking.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
225 Posts
It's the PSA servers that are causing problems communicating with the car. Go ahead and do all the other "tricks" you think will fix it but I can tell from just looking at the logs from the app that it is a problem at PSA. Your dealer will probably have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Get in touch with Vauxhall customer service and get them to pass on the issue to their IT people.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's the PSA servers that are causing problems communicating with the car. Go ahead and do all the other "tricks" you think will fix it but I can tell from just looking at the logs from the app that it is a problem at PDA. Your dealer will probably have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Get in touch with Vauxhall customer service and get them to pass on the issue to their IT people.
That was my thinking too, I didn't know you could see the logs (where are they?). That's why I contacted Vauxhall, it's was them who said take it to the dealer.
My Wrexham dealer refused to service (for money!) the EV version of the Corsa completely. So it's a 30 mile round trip and a day off work to take it to the nearest dealer, that can be bothered to look at it.
I'll just wait with my fingers crossed ☺ 🤞

1241 - 1260 of 1343 Posts