Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1343 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
@christianedward

The EV version only needs servicing every 20k or 2 years. I'd moan at Vauxhall customer care if the local dealer won't even look at it.
I did mention it to them but they didn't have anything to say on the issue.
Authurs in Oswestry were happy to take the money to reset the service light when the car asked for one at 8000s miles, as its a lease car I don't pay the costs.
I got them to fit my new green tabbed plates and got the top of the range version (still an EV) as a courtesy car for the day.
They also sent me a video of the tech checking the tyres, were very polite and cv-19 secure, I don't think I'll bother giving Wrexham another chance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's the PSA servers that are causing problems communicating with the car. Go ahead and do all the other "tricks" you think will fix it but I can tell from just looking at the logs from the app that it is a problem at PSA. Your dealer will probably have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Get in touch with Vauxhall customer service and get them to pass on the issue to their IT people.
Pulling the big red tab on the 12v battery did the trick, took seconds, getting updates now thanks. @b789pilot

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah I had the service one come up. It was counting down how long until the first service. I had a couple of other errors on the car as well, so the dealership I got it from took it in , gave me a courtesy car, and had it sorted the same day. Seems like it was just a reset.

Bit stupid if Vauxhall can't even get the software to recognise its an EV and doesn't need the same servicing done on it like an ICE!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry @Darklord87 not used one but I'd be all for free the electricity so it seems worth the investment.

Did anyone subscribe to Tronity?
I'm going to get a year to get some decent stats, especially after they added the Corsa at my request.
Send me a referral link if you want a free month.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry @Darklord87 not used one but I'd be all for free the electricity so it seems worth the investment.

I'm going to get a year to get some decent stats, especially after they added the Corsa at my request.
I love Tronity. Very responsive with feature requests as well! My latest stats: £26 SINCE DECEMBER!!!! I couldn't even have got half a talk full on my last car for that much! haha

(my referral link is in my sig below)

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,269
Mine is now showing up requiring recall work :rolleyes: MOT site doesn't say what it is. Vauxhall app isn't telling me anything but only found it out from checking the my Vauxhall site there is something to do.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine is now showing up requiring recall work :rolleyes: MOT site doesn't say what it is. Vauxhall app isn't telling me anything but only found it out from checking the my Vauxhall site there is something to do.
Have you had the stupid VIN one done yet? I had a recall on mine and it was due to having a wrong sticker for the VIN number! (it had the wrong weight - the ICE weight vs what it should have been for the EV)

·
Registered
146 Posts

Problem is the reviews whilst they read great are the same throughout their entire product range .. I saw one of their products someone said doesn't work on Corsa e and 208 so don't wnna get it and it be useless lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Problem is the reviews whilst they read great are the same throughout their entire product range .. I saw one of their products someone said doesn't work on Corsa e and 208 so don't wnna get it and it be useless lol
Tronity? Works well for me on my Corsa. In fact, trip data is better and more up to date than the Vauxhall app! (I'm missing 50% of the app trips, yet Tronity has them all)

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,274
Have you had the stupid VIN one done yet? I had a recall on mine and it was due to having a wrong sticker for the VIN number! (it had the wrong weight - the ICE weight vs what it should have been for the EV)
I had that on the last one. There was no sticker with the tyre pressures on at all. This one has one but it's in Bar. It is the correct 36 psi though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No the charging cable I posted the type 1 to type 2 converter
Ohh haha - bit confusing as the post you replied to mentioned both =)

·
Registered
2020 Corsa-e SE NAV 7kw (20 plate) (Google Pixel, Android App)
35 Posts
On 14 day trial with the Tonity.io, and the stats are great, better than the my vauxhall app

·
Registered
106 Posts
On 14 day trial with the Tonity.io, and the stats are great, better than the my vauxhall app
The only time I use the Vauxhall app now is for the scheduled stuff, and turning on climate control!

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
231 Posts
I still dont get any trips or odometer through tronity. Would love to know why and how it works. Tronity don't know and no way opel are gonna help. Im thinking it is something to do with irish corsa-e as got one of the sales guys in the dealers to aign up with tronity for their demo car and that seems to be same.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I still dont get any trips or odometer through tronity. Would love to know why and how it works. Tronity don't know and no way opel are gonna help. Im thinking it is something to do with irish corsa-e as got one of the sales guys in the dealers to aign up with tronity for their demo car and that seems to be same.
Odd. Worked for me straight away. Can't see why the location would make a difference as still using the same API?

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
231 Posts
My car, for the first time ever, seems to be storing some trip data. It can go a few trips without them appearing in the app and then all of a sudden they all come in at once. It has never done this before. I seem to be only missing one trip from the last few days.

1261 - 1280 of 1343 Posts