Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a dog guard for the ID3 but nothing designed for it coming up in my searches anyone have a solution?

Ideally I want a fixed metal mesh type rather than the stretched netting variants.

Wondering if the new golf barrier might fit?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have been enquiring about a dog guard for a while now. My dealer spoke with VW who told them there is an official one coming, but couldn't provide any further details.

There is now one listed on here, but it has yet to actually come into stock.

Travall®GUARD for Volkswagen ID. 3 (2019 >)

I have an alert set up for when/if it does appear.

·
Registered
889 Posts
How
I have been enquiring about a dog guard for a while now. My dealer spoke with VW who told them there is an official one coming, but couldn't provide any further details.

There is now one listed on here, but it has yet to actually come into stock.

Travall®GUARD for Volkswagen ID. 3 (2019 >)

I have an alert set up for when/if it does appear.
Is the guard to protect your rear headrests or to stop the dog getting out? The gap is pretty small between the headlining and the top of the rear bench.- our Lab stays in the boot and doesn't try to get over, we've covered the top of the rear bench and headrests with a towel to stop her slobbering all over them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How

Is the guard to protect your rear headrests or to stop the dog getting out? The gap is pretty small between the headlining and the top of the rear bench.- our Lab stays in the boot and doesn't try to get over, we've covered the top of the rear bench and headrests with a towel to stop her slobbering all over them.
It should be one of the metal guards that goes across the top of the rear seats to stop the dog getting out.

There is a picture of it here with the additional divider you can purchase:

Safety Pack for Volkswagen ID.3 5 Door Hatchback 2019 -> (travall.co.uk)

Our dog is quite small and has tried to jump through before. She got wedged in one time so had to pull over to push her back through!

She also likes to stand up with her front paws on the top of the rear seats so she can look where we are going. Did try the towel thing, but with her standing up and down she ended up just dragging it off anyway.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,776 Posts
How

They are also to stop the dog hurtling forward and killing you in the even of an accident.

·
Registered
889 Posts
They are also to stop the dog hurtling forward and killing you in the even of an accident.
When the dog won't fit through the gap and sits with only its head above the gap, there's pretty much no cance of that - more chance of the dog guard coming loose and smacking you in the head, if its held with friction (like a baby gate on a house's interior door frame) rather than hooked in. I'd be more bothered about having one with a small dog than a big dog, for reasons above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe the Travall guard for the ID.3 will be available from the first week of Sept. EV Quip list them for sale and from memory said they will be available from 3rd September. About £100 I think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts