Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue where their profile won't load, therefore you can't use the infortainment system? I've also noticed that the breakdown, SOS & info buttons on the roof don't work so it's like the car has no connection to the outside world. I have t say I'm a little surprised that there's a dependence on the profile loading or connectivity to allow you to use all the functions on the system - can't even listen to the radio!
I've tried holding the power button down for 10 seconds and also I used the car this morning for an hour, then it was plugged in charging for 5 hours before using again this afternoon and it's been like this all day.

Hoping to head to the coast tomorrow so any fix/workaround would be much appreciated - the dealer can't even look at it until 10th July :-(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like the comms module has thrown a wobbly. Mine did something similar and they had to do a software update on a module.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the comms module has thrown a wobbly. Mine did something similar and they had to do a software update on a module.
Thanks @Fang2260 - car is the same this morning, tried all I could do to get some sound out of it using the steering controls. I can switch it onto radio but there's no sound and when I turn the volume up it's actually turning the voice volume up not the media volume. Tried without my phone plugged in or any cables and turning Bluetooth off on my phone just in case that was causing any issues but no joy. I guess I'll have to literally suffer in silence for the next 2 weeks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
In my car the whole infotainment system is glitchy as hell. Carplay has a mind of its own as does the media playback.
It also slow and clunky.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my car the whole infotainment system is glitchy as hell. Carplay has a mind of its own as does the media playback.
It also slow and clunky.
Made me laugh yesterday when I book it in at the dealer - they asked me the mileage and I said "6,000 which is about right for a GTE to go wrong" (had 3 media units in my Golf GTE in the first 2 years as well as a new petrol tank). The guys reply was "it's very unusual for the infotainment to go wrong, they're normally very reliable" 🤣
But then again, when I suggested that it sounded like something had gone wrong with the comms, he said that it couldn't be that as it uses the phone to connect to the outside world 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
65 Posts
The VW dealer in Exeter is hopeless with mine. They have no idea with the infotainment systems. Its computer says no syndrome.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Has anyone had an issue where their profile won't load, therefore you can't use the infortainment system? Hoping to head to the coast tomorrow so any fix/workaround would be much appreciated - the dealer can't even look at it until 10th July :-(
Have you tried removing fuses F10 & F12 temporarily, go for short drive switch off ignition, replace and try switching unit on again? Need to check dash panel fuse assignment by inputting VIN or Car Reg @ Volkswagen Owners Manuals | Volkswagen UK

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tried removing fuses F10 & F12 temporarily, go for short drive switch off ignition, replace and try switching unit on again? Need to check dash panel fuse assignment by inputting VIN or Car Reg @ Volkswagen Owners Manuals | Volkswagen UK
Thanks, tried this but no joy! But it did get me thinking, does anyone know what fuse to pull for the Comms unit?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had a VW tech out today as this morning the car spat a load of errors at me then refused to do anything - I couldn't even lock the car! Tech got it running but there's so many errors that he said only drive it to the dealer tomorrow to get a courtesy car whilst they fix it

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,128 Posts
Is the infotainment system peculiar to GTEs?

Presumably some of the ICE cars have the same system.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, quick update on this - the dealer had my car for a few days and apparently have cleared all the faults and run a software update to cure the loading profile issue. They have said it was the fact that the car was continuously trying to load the profile/connect to the outside world, that drained the battery.
For now it all appears to be working.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So, quick update on this - the dealer had my car for a few days and apparently have cleared all the faults and run a software update to cure the loading profile issue. They have said it was the fact that the car was continuously trying to load the profile/connect to the outside world, that drained the battery.
For now it all appears to be working.
Better get mine booked in then. My infotainment system is absolute rubbish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts