Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a whole row of charging spaces in the car park. Reason why I noticed them was because they were all free ! Not even an EV using them. They seem to be the slow variety but you can't be in Westfield for less than a few hours so always worth plugging in.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If you are talking of Westfield Stratford then these are quite useful cos you can leave the car there all day for £6 (in the week) and hop on the tube into London and come back to fully charged car. No worries with blocking the points - there are loads but to be honest I haven't tried them as I have used the Stratford International car park next door which is cheaper and has two points. It took me three attempts trying both chargers before I got it to work and the attendant came out to gaze saying I was the first EV he had seen use them.
At that one you get half hour free parking but that's not much use at 7kw.
I think you need Source cards for any of them (my Source East worked).
Of course if you are talking about Westfield Shepherd Bush then you have the added bonus of picking up a new Model S from the Tesla shop while you are there :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Last time I was there in March (visiting the Tesla store) 16 of 20 points were ICED, 2 free one Leaf and one MiEV charging. One space had no charger and one charger was damaged.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Whereabouts are the chargers in Westfield, Shepherds Bush? Is charging free?

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they are free and if I remember correctly it was at the level -2 going towards marks and spencers. I was there around lunch time on sunday and at that time, a lot of them were free. I think they are free, they looked quite basic, a bit like garden power sockets if that makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts