Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just needed a sense check, Tesla Chelmsford have said it's £60 per day for a loan car and won't confirm the length that they need our car for work to be carried out (an unknown rattle in frunk, that's already been subject to a prior authorisation of £75+ VAT for investigation work). At £420 a week, is this a joke, or have I been given the wrong info?
As for the first time this is a Tesla 420 joke that doesn't make me laugh.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
They have never charged for a loan car for a service visit. Worth checking again or try another service centre.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My experience is that if your service visit is a warranty claim the loan car is free. I think the £60 charge agreement is a bit like the £75 investigation fee. Agreement sought in case the problem is not covered under warranty. Seems fair to me. I have agreed both several times but never needed to actually pay.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to add info to the thread in case anyone comes across this - Tesla Chelmsford have been fantastic. The £60 fee is only for out of warranty cars (thanks @PaulD) , but the form doesn't actually say that when it's sent over. Fixed the undiagnosed issue on our Model 3 within about 4 hours, that's the fastest service I've ever had from a main dealer. No charges at all and very good customer care. Well done Chelmsford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts