Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recieved delivery of a new 2021 Kona Electric Ultimate. I have also had a Pod Point installed today. Having successfully set up and tested a schedule charge for my off peak tariff, I wanted to use location-based charging to only apply this schedule to home. The manual explains how to do this, but the location-based charging option doesn't appear in the charge Management menu. Is this not an option on UK vehicles?

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 AWD
1,070 Posts
I have the option in my 2018 car but do not use it as it was totally unreliable.

Reactions: stageshoot

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
129 Posts
I agree with all the replies ab0ve, never found a reason / need to use it - I'd ignore. My home charger sets time limits for off-peak charging, and away from home, it only charges up when I plug it in and tell the charger to charger it, so I have nothing set up in the car's software. Can I suggest you take a trip to a Tesco, most have 4 free pod-point chargers that you can practice charging with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. My charger doesn't schedule charging so I've set that up in the Kona and will use the 'Charge Now' button in the charge port on the odd occasion I'm using a public AC charger. The manual says that Scheduled Charging is only applicable for AC charging, so I'm assuming that connecting to a rapid charger will automatically override the schedule and start charging immediately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts