Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I hope someone can help? I'm planning trip to various locations around Scotland in our Nissan Leaf. Attempting to see exact locations of Rapids helps me plan and feel so much more comfortable!
The only Rapid I'm having difficulty locating is the one in Dunoon. Having used Zap-map, CYC and Chargeplace Scotland I'm getting different Post codes!! Even using Google street view without success.
There are a couple of photos on Zap-map showing a Leaf charging but I can't work out location.
Please can anyone who has used the Dunoon Rapid Charger advise me of the exact location car park etc.
Many thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
It's 'quite' near the ferry terminal (the main one, not Hunter's Quay). But it's about a quarter of a mile north of there - off Alexandra Parade; if coming from the north, you turn left into the first car park and it's immediately on the right. On google maps you can see a short 'pier' (with car parking on it!) jutting out, and it's near there, roughly due east of the where the Bank of Scotland is indicated (on google maps). IIRC, it's not at all clear whether you need to pay for parking in that bit of the car park.....

HTH

·
Registered
694 Posts
It's not shown on Google Street View, but it's in the car park on the right, more or less beneath the lamp post where the silver car is parked in this shot:
https://goo.gl/maps/3UNH4xWrhS82

The Tourist Information office is opposite, and the Baptist Church café serves very nice coffee and bacon rolls with good views across the Clyde estuary.

If you're crossing on Western Ferries from Gourock, it's much cheaper to buy your tickets at the Greenock Co-op in Eldon St than on the ferry.
https://goo.gl/maps/8pEieXQmKq22

·
Registered
848 Posts
IMG_2459.JPG IMG_2478.JPG When we were there on holiday last year the rapid was hidden by the fair, so if that's in town it may be tricky to access, gorgeous area we came up from Cornwall in the free swap Nissan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts