Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It’s the fire tender in the Thames and the fly past by the police helicopter that really got me, what a waste of resources in a time of crisis.

The Queen doesn’t want any gun salutes to commemorate her Birthday as it would not be appropriate, I really respect that.

For somebody who has been criticised for being out of touch, Her Majesty is bang on the money for me, unlike the ridiculous Met Police.

The general public should be really holding these people in authority to account now with their attitude of “Do what we say, not what we do” instead of following what they say with blind (blinkered) obedience.

Rant over.

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
And you trust that? It is like Arthur Daley's negotiating - he'll offer a figure, see whether you accept it and then think of another.
The Chinese culture is to lie - do not expect otherwise. They will say it to your face but not blink an eyelid when you call them out on it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
How many people get close enough to a cow to know how big they are?

(I do actually pass them within 10 feet or so quite often, but I'd say they were nearer 3m than 2. Maybe they're smaller on the IoW because there's less space.)
I wonder if anyone has checked to see if cows can catch Covid-19. Apparently cats can, but not dogs.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I need to go down from York to Coventry in the next few weeks on private business, which does not involve meeting anyone. I can stay overnight in an empty house. Now this doesn't appear to fit anything on the list of permitted, or of forbidden journeys. So how likely am I to meet some jobsworth policeman who believes "That which is not allowed is forbidden". And, incidentally, hows the charging situation on the M1?

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
So how likely am I to meet some jobsworth policeman who believes "That which is not allowed is forbidden".
On the basis that there is never a policeman when you need one ... very likely :)

Seriously, it's more likely a nosy neighbour might call it in.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I need to go down from York to Coventry in the next few weeks on private business..
The current Gov may have collapsed by then.

In either case, can the "private business" issue a letter stating that your journey is needed?

·
Registered
804 Posts
The current Gov may have collapsed by then.

In either case, can the "private business" issue a letter stating that your journey is needed?
Not really - I've got to check out my late brother's house before we turn the house clearer's loose on it. I suppose I could tell them I've got the urge to go jogging in one of Coventry's parks. That's clearly allowed.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I need to go down from York to Coventry in the next few weeks on private business, which does not involve meeting anyone. I can stay overnight in an empty house. Now this doesn't appear to fit anything on the list of permitted, or of forbidden journeys. So how likely am I to meet some jobsworth policeman who believes "That which is not allowed is forbidden". And, incidentally, hows the charging situation on the M1?
Pack up some food in supermarket bags, and tell any nosey coppers you are delivering groceries to a vulnerable relation. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you aren't travelling to the coast, the Dales or some other tourist hotspot, you'll have no problems whatsoever. Life has to continue. I've been travelling around the Midlands and North West throughout the whole lockdown without ever once catching the eye of the local plod.
Admittedly, I've selected stealth mode by cycling some stupid distances to evade their desperate clutches, but I'd have caught the train anyway if they weren't infested by the sick ;)

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
The last week or two I've seen some amazing headlines about lockdown. This is one such from Reuters this evening:
"Visitors to UK shops vanish during virus lockdown: survey"

What a surprising bit of news - who'd have expected that? :rolleyes:

Still, they make me a laugh which is good for you apparently :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
The last week or two I've seen some amazing headlines about lockdown. This is one such from Reuters this evening:
"Visitors to UK shops vanish during virus lockdown: survey"

What a surprising bit of news - who'd have expected that? :rolleyes:

Still, they make me a laugh which is good for you apparently :)
I have the same reaction when the media come up with shock horror headlines when the economic figures are released. Apparently economic activity has reduced during the lockdown....no shit, Sherlock.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,362 Posts
The Chinese culture is to lie - do not expect otherwise. They will say it to your face but not blink an eyelid when you call them out on it.
And the Italians;

The English have been lying too by not reporting deaths on time, and covering up the numbers of recoveries.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts