Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just come to activate the HVAC via Bluelink and it came up with an error that it could not connect to server. When I restarted the app, it came up with the log in screen and will not recognise my log in details. Has anyone else had this?

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona, Halfords bike
361 Posts
I have just come to activate the HVAC via Bluelink and it came up with an error that it could not connect to server. When I restarted the app, it came up with the log in screen and will not recognise my log in details. Has anyone else had this?
Not yet but am concerned because there doesn’t seem to be any way to reset your password if you have forgotten it

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm also locked out of my MyHyundai account. The stored login and password are not recognised. I'll give the freephone number a call later and let you know what's occured. I hope I haven't been hacked.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,653 Posts
For your blue link trouble, try removing the app on the phone/tablet and re-installing, and see if it then takes your known log in details
That trick sometimes worked for snafu'd days

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For your blue link trouble, try removing the app on the phone/tablet and re-installing, and see if it then takes your known log in details
That trick sometimes worked for snafu'd days
Just tried it but still locked out. :(

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I called Hyundai on the free number and a helpfull young man found that my car regestration was now linked to the email address of someone at a hyundai dealership! I'm presuming it is the salesperson at Motorline Worcester where I bought it from, although why he should suddenly be linked to my car is baffling. The young man linked my email address back to the car and said I would be directed to change my password.

So, I tried to log on . . . Nothing.
So I tried to change the password . . . Nothing.

So I phoned again and got the same young man who remembered me. I told him it still locked me out so he is escalating it to technical support.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,159 Posts
BlueLink is useless and is doing my head in.

Didn’t actually think it was possible for an app to be worse than the BMW one was (now much improved).

it just doesn’t work at least once a day. How hard can it be to make these work reliably? It’s not poor signal.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just managed to connect to server and reset password. You now have to have a special character in your password rather than just letters and numbers. Anyway, all back now. :)

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE in Galactic Grey
213 Posts
I recently had a strange experience with the Bluelink app - I clicked on it and it took me to an initial log-in page, but claimed all my log-in details were invalid! After numerous failed attempts I tried to reset my password, but to no avail as it claimed I was not registered on the system! So, my next step was to attempt to create a new account, but that stalled as it said my email address was already registered! By now I was well confused. In desperation and after several days of failed attempts, I logged on to myhyundai on the desktop - result. I went into my account and changed the password, then tried the app on the phone and it worked!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've been unable to access my MyHyundai account since I got the car. The "Forgotten Password" reset email never arrives. I've called Customer Services twice, submitted a help request via their contact form and spent 25 minutes on live chat this afternoon trying to get it to work. Customer Services can see that the new car has been linked to my account (I first registered with a different car) but they don't know why the forgotten password link isn't working. They did a couple of test sends while I was online with them. Nothing. The original username and password weren't changed (they were stored in my browser). Trying to re-register with MyHyundai either results in "Vehicle Not Found" (even though Customer Services can see it) or it tells me that I already have an account...

Edit: After reading this thread, I thought I'd try BlueLink: "No response from the vehicle." 🤦‍♂️ :LOL:

Real first-world problems, I know, but irritating nonetheless.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Didn’t actually think it was possible for an app to be worse than the BMW one was (now much improved).

it just doesn’t work at least once a day. How hard can it be to make these work reliably? It’s not poor signal.
View attachment 140478
I had this error constantly when trying to update status or send remote commands. Got it investigated by the Bluelink team - result I need a new Head Unit! so waiting for them to contact me now to arrange it! Strange though all Journeys were recorded!

·
3,159 Posts
:confused: Hmm, well I’ve been in email contact with the BlueLink team and just emailed them again and copied in Ashley Andrews at
Hyundai Motor UK
this time, as I was also just a bit annoyed by the lack of any apology whatsoever. Legacy car makers still very much seem to see apps and connectivity as trinkets and bonus add-ons that people won’t really care about too much if they don’t work reliably. Er, nope. It’s a key feature of the car — don’t just tell me it won’t work until an unspecified software update in May hopefully fixes it, whilst offering no apology whatsoever.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't understand the reply about seat heating. The options are Defrost warm air to the screen and thus the cabin. Heating which is warm air to defrost rear window heater, mirrors heated and steading shell heated.
To add seat heater would drain too much from the battery.
To get the cabin warm heaters which my understanding requires power from the HV battery. When HV battery is being used surely the 12v battery is being topped up, can someone with a BMS comment, because window and steering wheel heating will be taking loads of power from 12v.
Seat heating is probably more problematic to include for programming as which seats do you hear driver only, both front seats or front and rear.
It is a silly excuse because if I turn on all my heated seats when driving my battery does not go flat because the DC to DC converter is operating. I have not tried the heated seats in utility mode but I suspect they will worked. When you do a remote preheat I suspect the car is in utility mode or some form of it.
I would also suggest that being in heat mode for 15 mins might take the edge off the coldness of the seats a tad. I believe other makes of cars have a preheat function for the seats maybe some one can comment.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't understand the reply about seat heating. The options are Defrost warm air to the screen and thus the cabin. Heating which is warm air to defrost rear window heater, mirrors heated and steading shell heated.
To add seat heater would drain too much from the battery.
To get the cabin warm heaters which my understanding requires power from the HV battery. When HV battery is being used surely the 12v battery is being topped up, can someone with a BMS comment, because window and steering wheel heating will be taking loads of power from 12v.
Seat heating is probably more problematic to include for programming as which seats do you hear driver only, both front seats or front and rear.
It is a silly excuse because if I turn on all my heated seats when driving my battery does not go flat because the DC to DC converter is operating. I have not tried the heated seats in utility mode but I suspect they will worked. When you do a remote preheat I suspect the car is in utility mode or some form of it.
I would also suggest that being in heat mode for 15 mins might take the edge off the coldness of the seats a tad. I believe other makes of cars have a preheat function for the seats maybe some one can comment.
I've noticed when I activate the cabin heating and defrost from the app, the yellow conditioning light comes on, meaning that the 12V battery is being conditioned.

·
3,159 Posts
It is probably just a coincidence, but ever since I sent that email my BlueLink has been work fine first time, but I’m yet to have a reply..

Like I said, probably just a coincidence and this may well have jinxed it!

·
Registered
6 Posts

View attachment 140478
Hi Bill,

I get exactly the same message when I try to use BlueLink (it worked fine up to a couple of days ago)

would you have the details of who to contact at Hyundai regarding this problem?

·
3,159 Posts
Hi Bill,

I get exactly the same message when I try to use BlueLink (it worked fine up to a couple of days ago)

would you have the details of who to contact at Hyundai regarding this problem?
Hi, the email address I’ve been using is [email protected]

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Bill. I’ll drop them an email. BlueLink has been the only disappointment with my Kona experience.
I gave them a call on 0800 981981, and the guy was able to see the problem there and then and sort it. Not sure what had happened to corrupt the account, but it had reverted to the dealer's email at Motorline.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I gave them a call on 0800 981981, and the guy was able to see the problem there and then and sort it. Not sure what had happened to corrupt the account, but it had reverted to the dealer's email at Motorline.
Thank you for the number.
i e mailed the address that Bill gave me earlier and I was surprised to get a reply within the hour. Hyundai recommend I try a reset by pressing the “tiny button” on the screen. I’ll see if I can find said button in the morning. If that doesn’t work I’ll try phoning.

thanks for the info guys.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts