Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ZOE Q210 Oct'13
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to check battery status yesterday to find that I was locked our of My ZE Online. It was asking for an activation code and wouldn't accept any of the ones I've got.

The same thing happened last year, so I went back over the emails to the R-Link Helpline and found that the solution was to delete the car and add it again. So I tried that, but when I tried to add it, it helpfully said 'Vehicle already exists'. I contacted the helpline again, but this time I was told to register with a new email address. I couldn't see why this was necessary, but tried it anyway, and it worked. That's all well and good, but the alternative email is not one I use much, so I don't have it on my phone, which means I won't get notifications etc..

Why do Renault have make these things so difficult?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Why do Renault have make these things so difficult?
I feel your pain. I won't repeat my usual rant here, except to say that car companies shouldn't try and be software companies without understanding how to engineer software!

All of your efforts will soon be in vain, too, as we'll all need to create new MY Renault accounts when (if?) the new app launches...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yea mine locked me out a while ago and I've just left it. Hoping the new app will be released soon...

Not a big deal now, as I don't drive much, but I will next month.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I feel your pain. I won't repeat my usual rant here, except to say that car companies shouldn't try and be software companies without understanding how to engineer software!

All of your efforts will soon be in vain, too, as we'll all need to create new MY Renault accounts when (if?) the new app launches...
Really hope it arrives before the ZE50 hits showrooms.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bizarrely mine still OK - but they do need to sort this, immediately - selling connected vehicles when the connectivity is lacking is not a good look!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had no issues in the last few weeks. There was a month in which it kept going down, but it seems to be stable again now.
My understanding is that they will do a mass migration onto the new system at some point, and we'll then all be able to use the new app. They've been doing it country by country (and left the UK till last).

·
Registered
480 Posts
Since my reconnection in August I've had no problems. That's probably tempting fate...

·
ZOE Q210 Oct'13
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R-Link Helpline asked me for some information today, so I logged on with my original email address. This time it let me add my car using the VIN and activation code. Amazing! Would it all have been OK if I'd just waited?

Anyway, all back to normal now, so I'm happy, at least until next year when it might happen again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We've been the last country for a long time - complete bobbins - this isn't hard stuff. I'm using the Apple script at the minute, much easier! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts