Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
ID3 life
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't think it's related to the software issues, but left work Friday and keyfob wouldn't unlock car. Used the mechanical key to unlock and get in(alarm went off for about 5 seconds!), thought it was just a duff keyfob battery problem. Changed battery and it still wouldn't lock/unlock, tried spare key and that worked fine so assumed fob was faulty. However spare key is only working intermittently now as well (Sunday). Car booked in monday to be looked at. 馃槥

Registered
VW Golf GTE Adv
Don't think it's related to the software issues, but left work Friday and keyfob wouldn't unlock car. Used the mechanical key to unlock and get in(alarm went off for about 5 seconds!), thought it was just a duff keyfob battery problem. Changed battery and it still wouldn't lock/unlock, tried spare key and that worked fine so assumed fob was faulty. However spare key is only working intermittently now as well (Sunday). Car booked in monday to be looked at. 馃槥
Hi Steve. Did you get this sorted? I鈥檝e been having the same problems with my GTE.
VW can鈥檛 find the problem. I鈥檝e had 3 replacement keys, numerous batteries and am still getting the issue. They insist there is nothing wrong with my car

Registered
ID3 life
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Steve. Did you get this sorted? I鈥檝e been having the same problems with my GTE.
VW can鈥檛 find the problem. I鈥檝e had 3 replacement keys, numerous batteries and am still getting the issue. They insist there is nothing wrong with my car
Yes, they recoded keys and it's not happened since.馃 Sorry, not much help in your situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts