Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did your Ampera come with locking wheel nuts? Maybe need to fit a set before those wheels go missing.

·
Premium Member
11,455 Posts
Yes mine came with locking wheel nuts. But they appear to be black when the others are silver. Strange.

Regards

Paul R

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Brian Matthews

Hmmm... Mine all looked the same and the mechanic that put on the locking nuts just took one off each wheel and put the locking ones in. there was no comment at all on the fact that those that were on the car were locking ones - he just used a normal socket and wrench to make the change - how do you tell the one that is locking assuming that there is one in the first place? They all look the same to me nuts that fit on a stud.

@ Paul Churchley

My keyed socket is now in the boot - I know that does not help - I just could not resist the comment :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Today, my dealer supplied and fitted a set of locking wheel nuts free of charge, worth mentioning if your Ampera does not have them. They are black with a slightly bigger hexagon, which I queried, was told they are covers and come off exposing the familiar locking nut underneath.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine were not fitted when I took the car away but it was pointed out to me and I went back today to have them fitted. Came with a very nice presentation box!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts