Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like London Borough of Barnet have arranged for more chargers to be installed, but they're not sending any more money in the direction of Source London, who appear to be using their existing spots as parking bays for their rental fleet, having priced out most private ev drivers.

It seems that Pod-Point have got the contract to install in many of the Borough's car parks, and there's going to be lamp post chargers, only 3.6kW, and they're run by City EV Home | CityEV , and these supposedly accept contactless payment, and require no fancy cable. I've already used one of the new Pod-Points.

That said, the tariff that Barnet set for both the car park Pod-Points and the lamp post chargers is a rather steep £0.34/kWh, though no membership fees. Compare that with the equivalent of £1.16/kWh if you use a Source London point with a 3.3kW charging vehicle; £0.58/kWh for a 6.6kW charging vehicle on their pay as you go tariff.

Still, it's an interesting development.

Electric vehicles in Barnet

·
Registered
16 Posts
As a Barnet resident without off street parking, I find the pricing is really disappointing. Lamp post chargers in residential streets are supposed to be a way to give those without off street parking options instead of charging at home. 34p p/kwh is just way too much for people to use as their primary charging location.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems that once again, Barnet Council have made a decision about electric vehicle charging without anyone involved in the decision actually being an EV driver.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've sent an email to Barnet pointing out several issues with their 'fair' price for charging.
I recommend other speak ev members do the same and perhaps it will help them see sence.

·
EGGY
1,114 Posts
Are these live yet (not showing on Zap Map) ? My wife's aunt live just down the road from the Marks in Temple Fortune / Golders Green, I'd like to try one out. Are these subject to resident parking restrictions ?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts