Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may be aware that there is a plan (under consultation) to change the London Congestion Charge (CC) so that the 100% discount is only offered to cars that emit less than 75g of CO2 (at present it is 100g). For more info see https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/roads/5503a5b6

If it goes ahead on 1 July, drivers wanting to avoid the CC will no longer be able to purchase a traditional hybrid (e.g. Prius, CT200, CR-Z, etc.) This change should create increased demand for both new and second user cars that comply - which at present is exclusively BEV/PHEV.

In addition, current owners have a 2 year sunset period, so before 29/6/2015 they are likely to be looking for a new or used car that complies.

Hopefully this change will go ahead and IMHO it should help the residual values of the Ampera/Volt (I guess as a lot of used vehicles will migrate to the London commuter belt!)

·
Premium Member
11,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Incidentally, I forgot that a lot of smaller petrol/diesel cars also currently qualify for the 100% discount - not just hybrids!

·
Premium Member
11,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A joke that Boris doesn't find funny - he is keen to get less diesels in his city... I believe particulates and NOx are still a problem?

·
Premium Member
11,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think your brother is telling porkies - the lowest emitting 320d is the ED model which is 110g CO2 so certainly not except from CC

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Evening team! What's the score re: Congestion Charge exemption for the Ampera? Do I have to pay it?
No, the Ampera is exempt because the official CO2 figure is 27g/km. you can apply for exemption. From the TfL web site:

Cars or vans (not exceeding 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight) which emit 75g/km or less of CO2 and that meet the Euro 5 standard for air quality qualify for a 100% discount on the Congestion Charge.

You can check the CO2 emissions of your car on the V5C registration document. Any car registered as new with the DVLA on or after 1 January 2011 is deemed to meet the Euro 5 standard.

Some cars registered before this date will also meet the Euro 5 standard. Vans should be registered as new on or after 1 January 2012 to meet the Euro 5 standard.

You also qualify if your vehicle is registered with the DVLA and has a fuel type of 'electric' (you can check this on the V5C registration document the DVLA sent you), or alternatively, if your vehicle is a 'plug-in hybrid' and has been approved as an ultra-low emission vehicle by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles. You can find more information at the Office for Low Emissions Vehicles website.

Reactions: John Donald

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you. You have to register on the tfl website, then upload a copy of the V5 - Log Book.

But it's also asking for a 'Certificate of Conformity from the vehicle dealership' (This is in respect of petrol hybrid cars only). Anyone know what that is or how to get one?

·
Premium Member
11,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. You have to register on the tfl website, then upload a copy of the V5 - Log Book.

But it's also asking for a 'Certificate of Conformity from the vehicle dealership' (This is in respect of petrol hybrid cars only). Anyone know what that is or how to get one?
The Ampera is on their approved list so I don't think you need to provide one. I don't go into zone these days so haven't ever registered my 2nd Ampera - others may confirm?

Reactions: John Donald

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got a penalty notice because I didn't pre- apply for the 100% discount duh! However I successfully appealed it and have since applied. It cost £10 per year to apply mind you. I had to upload V5 but no other docs necessary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts