Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one on order which I expect to get 8n the next few weeks.

Are there any aero roof bars apart from MGs own ones? I have tried Thule and Mont Blanc and can't see any options for the Long Range.

I have a 2017 Podpoint which does look like it supports timed charging. I have a spare armoured cable to connect a second charger but wondered if anyone had recommendations for reasonably priced 7kw chargers that can do timed charges for the MG5 and also have some solar functionality (I have solar panels).

Finally can anyone suggest any must have accessories (I want rubber mats and a boot mat) but am I missing anything else.

For those owners lucky enough to have their LR, can you advise what sort of motorway range you are getting?

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MG5 and Chevy Volt
1,311 Posts
I have one on order which I expect to get 8n the next few weeks.

Are there any aero roof bars apart from MGs own ones? I have tried Thule and Mont Blanc and can't see any options for the Long Range.

I have a 2017 Podpoint which does look like it supports timed charging. I have a spare armoured cable to connect a second charger but wondered if anyone had recommendations for reasonably priced 7kw chargers that can do timed charges for the MG5 and also have some solar functionality (I have solar panels).

Finally can anyone suggest any must have accessories (I want rubber mats and a boot mat) but am I missing anything else.

For those owners lucky enough to have their LR, can you advise what sort of motorway range you are getting?

I use a Zappi to do timed charging on our MG5 (as we are on the Octopus GO tariff). It works perfectly. The Zappi also charges the MG5 when the solar on the roof is producing power, moderating it's power to match the panels output.

Highly recommended, but not the cheapest.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The geometry of the LR roof rails is the same as the original. My Thule aero bars from my Peugeot 206sw fit perfectly. There are bound to be a bunch of options of this type of fitting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have gone with MG's bars. No other official ones available and not much price difference to the likely Thule kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts