Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have decided that I am going to just buy another 30kWh LEAF after not finding something else any more suitable for my needs than this without spending Tesla money. There's one in particular I am considering because it's one I used to work with and most of the miles were put on the car by me so I know how it's been treated throughout most of it's life. There's one problem - I put that car into retirement almost a year ago to the very day, which means it has likely been sat at the dealer with little to no use for almost a year now.

Does anyone know how well LEAF Batteries deal with spending a year doing nothing? Am I likely to find it's just been frozen in time, or quite a lot of degradation to have occured while it's just sat there. Going by the photos listed online it at least had just under half a battery charge so it looks like they are wise about not keeping it full or empty, but of course those pictures were likely taken close to a year ago and if it's been tested or used by dealership staff then things may have quickly changed since then.

It's a fair distance away from me, It doesn't look like I can have it moved to a nearer dealership, and the place currently selling it seems to know nothing about the car. So I would like to limit my travel up there unless it was to actually buy and drive it away.

Does anyone happen to live near Stirling and ideally have leafspy to check out it's battery health please? I'll happily pay someone a little for their time.

Or should I stop listening to my heart trying to get an old friend back, and just look for something that I can likely find closer and almost definitely a bit cheaper too?

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
That’s amazing that it’s still there, I’d have thought someone would have bought it after a year.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s amazing that it’s still there, I’d have thought someone would have bought it after a year.
Yeah, the price is a little higher than it probably should be, and depending on if they bothered to replace them or not, the granny cable and SD card were stolen some time ago. When you consider that it's a little more understandable why they haven't managed to sell it on yet. If it wasn't for the fact that I knew it's history and the that it was always well cared for I certainly wouldn't have been considering it over other options that are closer, cheaper and not coming from Arnold Clark who I'm personally not a big fan of.

For anyone curious, this is the car in question:

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
That's way OTT pricewise IMHO before allowing for a years neglect and the possible missing parts. The tyres, 12v battery and brakes will not have benefited from a years lack of use and would need a close check before buying. If the traction battery has been left at 50% I doubt that much damage would have been done, but the DC-DC would have gradually run it down so I suspect that it'll have been charged at some point and hence may have been left with a higher SoC.
Put simply, walk away unless the price is worth the risk which it isn't at the moment.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
Yes and a crack in the steering wheel controls plastic (I’m a tart for a “as new” car).

You could get a well looked after car near you with leads and sd card for a better price and as long as LeafSpy checks out should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts