Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Thank god there are now two charges at pease pottage because on of them BYC Taxis was charging driver returned saying it had been on charge for two hours, talk about hogging it, I feel that if yiu have a vehicle that takes so long you should maybe leave your number on the dash and say after 30 mins you let someone use it, this seems fair to me

Registered
Thank god there are now two charges at pease pottage because on of them BYC Taxis was charging driver returned saying it had been on charge for two hours, talk about hogging it, I feel that if yiu have a vehicle that takes so long you should maybe leave your number on the dash and say after 30 mins you let someone use it, this seems fair to me
Fully agree Gary. Those BYDs don't have RC capability so take am age.

Super Moderator
Just answered my own question - Green Tomato has 50 of them.
Fantastic! That's a lot of EV miles. Ok the BYD is no drivers car but at least it out there. I am sure every single driver is also feeding back that they want faster charging, that can't be a bad thing!

Registered

Super Moderator
Well the good thing is both the BYD and the Model S want the AC connector, so on sites with 2 Chademo connectors the Leaf is ok......!

Yes it's a bit frustrating if it's a single charger location, but it is just a reality of EV driving today.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Think we all need to be more aware of everyone else, if im not in a rush then im happy to let someone use it then carry on, I feel leaving my number on dash is simple they call me and I let them use it, mainly the longer charging vehicles this would be more aplicable.

Premium Member
Where time is money I can't see how it's viable for taxi drivers to spend hours waiting around whilst their BYD is charging. Presumably they predict when it's quieter so that they don't miss out on fares, but it would make more sense to charge overnight.

Reactions: Paul

Administrator
Think we all need to be more aware of everyone else, if im not in a rush then im happy to let someone use it then carry on, I feel leaving my number on dash is simple they call me and I let them use it, mainly the longer charging vehicles this would be more aplicable.
This is a common approach, however I do wonder if a commercial taxi (where time could well be money) would be willing to extend an already long charge by another 20-30 minutes to let a short(er) range EV charge up. I'd be interested to find out if/when that question is eventually put to one of these drivers. I'm not sure if they could play by the nice EV attitude I like to believe we mostly share.

Registered
I have yet to come across a BYD but for balance was taxi'ed yesterday and in a very nice way.
Exeter to St Austell 84miles is a long way for a Gen 1 in to a 15mph wind. After a short save on a 13 amp socket at Bodmin airfield next to the A30 and 64 miles in we left with 8 miles on the Gom to do 16 miles :eek: (mainly downhill, arrived with 7 gids, thanks to Leafspy:D) to a very welcoming C&C taxis who could not have been more helpful and interesting with one of their Leafs having done 63,000 miles 59K in the first year!
They have bought a private Chademo and plan on another soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts