Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any EV owners who like shouting at the screen should watch Long Way Up on AppleTV+ as Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman cross South America on electric Harley Davidson bikes backed up by Rivian EVs.
so far they’ve learned that EVs don’t like the cold, and charging from domestic mains plugs is dodgy at least.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 20
23 Posts
I think this is really interesting, although I do remember their previous shows were very popular. So hopefully this can be just as popular... I think the Rivian component is interesting.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am enjoying it but I hope they focus less on the bikes and charging soon. It’s already repetitive after just 3 eps. I loved the previous two series - they need to show more of the places they’re visiting.

Presumably that diesel generator which is following them around is charging the Rivians, they never seem to show them topping up. There’s no way they’re keeping them charged every day from normal outlets. Such a shame.

Also I can’t help but feel if they charged the bikes one at a time they would have more success. At least then they would start the next day with some additional range, rather than none as they’re overloading circuits.

I’m quickly forming the opinion I would enjoy it more if they were on normal bikes, and I say that as an EV enthusiast! No normal person is going to have a huge diesel generator following them to get them out of trouble so it’s just showing how impossible it is.

·
1,573 Posts
...I’m quickly forming the opinion I would enjoy it more if they were on normal bikes, and I say that as an EV enthusiast! No normal person is going to have a huge diesel generator following them to get them out of trouble so it’s just showing how impossible it is.
I get that.. I enjoyed the previous two series because it was travel, friendship, and challenge...

I didn’t even think of EVs when those series were released.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I knew the free Apple TV might come in handy one day :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dennis

·
1,573 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Just binge watched the whole series over the last few days as I really enjoyed the original 2 Long Way's.
Hats off to Rivian and Harley for taking on such an enormous challenge and no doubt it has hugely contributed to their beta test programs.
Dont think Ewan and Charlie will ever grow up, which means we might yet see another road trip or two.

Reactions: Todor and Scrooge

·
Registered
469 Posts
Has the last episode gone live? Looking forward to not having to plug the laptop into the TV every Friday Night :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts