Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has seen the previous Long Way Round and Long Way Down series, this is great viewing with impressive EV trucks and bikes.
Hats of to both Rivian and Harley for the hard work getting these vehicles ready in such a short time and keeping them going in very difficult circumstances.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
342 Posts
Honestly.....comparing it to the original Long Way Round I have to say that I was disappointed. Now, don't get me wrong, it was a good program to watch. However for me what was missing was the bonding and the adventure that you have seen in the first series. It was too much of a "promotional" series rather than an adventure.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason for posting was to kick off something in the Rivian EV forum, since there was zilch.

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
814 Posts
I enjoy any of the long way up, down round series, this one was good, those Rivian’s took a beating, considering they were pre-production. As did the Harley’s

They clearly had loads of support with charging though, as there is no way someone could do that trip without hefty support crew in an EV

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I enjoy any of the long way up, down round series, this one was good, those Rivian’s took a beating, considering they were pre-production. As did the Harley’s

They clearly had loads of support with charging though, as there is no way someone could do that trip without hefty support crew in an EV
I’d like to see the outtake footage, or behind the scenes, because that is probably very interesting 🧐
Maybe Rivian and Harley have some of their own videos that might surface one day.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The first episode made a big deal of the company they had partnered with to install EV chargers along the route. But other than the one at their first stop they never showed another and instead struggled with whatever they could cobble together off the grid or used their generator on the truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts