Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....whilch will replace an Ampera(16 :p )

So only thing im worried about is the space.
Anyone have both cars?(ioniq/leaf)
I know the Ioniq is larger than ampera, but its smaller than the leaf.
I am worried it may be a bit small. My SO does not like how low the amp is.

What with covid I cannot get a test drive, and this is made all the more difficult due to the current Ioniq being ever so slightly smaller inside ueo the the bigger battery im worried i may still not get a real experience.

Does not help that they are rarer then hens teeth(but not as rare as an amp though)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've gone from a Leaf24 to an Ioniq 38 and although it lacks some of the punch away from the line that the leaf has I have found it to be brilliant and generally a lot more refined than the Leaf..
Ive not found it to feel smaller than the Leaf in the front (Im 6ft 3) and have no complaints from either of the kids in the back.
The biggest down side is the lack of rear visibility, but you do get used to that quickly and the Ioniq has larger mirrors
The boot is technically smaller and is an unconventional shape but it actually suits my usage better as it allows for more shopping bags of food to be placed side by side rather than ontop of each other squashing things (which has been especially beneficial now I only do one weekly lockdown food shop)

Due to bad timing and desperation, I'm paying through the nose for my new premium SE but I have recently seen some very reasonable looking lease deals on new Premiums which might actually be worth you looking into rather than a used 28.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I have an Ampera, also an Ioniq 38. The Ioniq feels slightly higher, I'm not quite so likely to scrape the top of my head getting in. The boot's a bit deeper which is nice, otherwise I'd say size-wise they're just about identical.
Lots of new toys in the 38 of course, folding mirrors are nice! And the headlights are Ok, unlike the Ampera standard ones, which were described in the glossy blurb as "Get you home". Someone missed off the last 4 words - "in a wooden box".
As it happens, it's for sale on Autotrader, also see the classifieds here, as I also have an ID.3 & can't decide between them!

·
Premium Member
Electron Summit White NK13...107k 91.5 and rising
153 Posts
I've always been struck by the number of styling cues that the Ioniq seems to share with the Ampera perhaps more so with the later model Volt externally. From what I've read, it is a worthy successor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts