Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

The title says it all really.

My boss is looking to get a charging station fitted at our work place.
We are not in the leisure or hotel industry.
Our parking is secure so I was thinking of a type 2 charger (not tethered).
We would need to charge a Panamera, Leaf and Mitsubiushi PHEV. So I was thinking of a wallbox with a type 2 fitting on it and then connecting to the vehicles using a type 2 to type 2 (Panemera) and a type 2 to J1772 for the other vehicles.

16 amp would be fine.

Ideally I would like supply only and our local electrician would fit.

The office is in Wolverhampton.

Any suggestions for a supplier?

I found this
https://evconnectors.com/electric-v...-Charging-Products/ev-homecharge-wall-charger

At 629 ex vat.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Wow! £125 more to buy the "charity branded" charger than the "for profit" one. When did that happen!?
Heavy duty aluminium enclosure that will last years unlike the cheaper plastic products.... ZCW moved to more robust hardware for a reason. It's also worth comparing the pricing on the 3 Phase products that are increasingly being specified by the leisure industry.

ZCW developed Charging Stations and Cables to force down the price of the commercial vendors... now that is happening the task has been completed.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,578 Posts
Heavy duty aluminium enclosure that will last years unlike the cheaper plastic products.... ZCW moved to more robust hardware for a reason. It's also worth comparing the pricing on the 3 Phase products that are increasingly being specified by the leisure industry.

ZCW developed Charging Stations and Cables to force down the price of the commercial vendors... now that is happening the task has been completed.
Two good points - firstly, yes the cheaper one is plastic and the metal "vandal-proof" one is more expensive. Also, the prices really are dropping!

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
A 32A rolec Type 2 socket wallpod can be had for ~£300 ex VAT

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Hi all

The title says it all really.

My boss is looking to get a charging station fitted at our work place.
We are not in the leisure or hotel industry.
Our parking is secure so I was thinking of a type 2 charger (not tethered).
We would need to charge a Panamera, Leaf and Mitsubiushi PHEV. So I was thinking of a wallbox with a type 2 fitting on it and then connecting to the vehicles using a type 2 to type 2 (Panemera) and a type 2 to J1772 for the other vehicles.

16 amp would be fine.

Ideally I would like supply only and our local electrician would fit.

The office is in Wolverhampton.

Any suggestions for a supplier?

I found this
https://evconnectors.com/electric-v...-Charging-Products/ev-homecharge-wall-charger

At 629 ex vat.

Thanks
Just in Case the order does not materialise I bought this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221576913871?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT it seemed to be some kind of supplier. The socketed one was cheaper but sold before I noticed. You could have one of each at 175 quid?

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
@Rory166

I have a nagging suspicion FYA for cars is expiring on 5th April (but extended on commercial vehicles), and the BIK is going up too. Worth double checking.

The other thing is your local council MAY have a sustainable transport grant to cover commercial charge installs. Our office manager has a contact at the council who has managed to fully fund our install ;)

·
Banned
3,116 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,221 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
That was probably one "installed" for free under the OLEV grant and then resold on eBay in violation of the grant agreement.
I doubt it as it was new and boxed when I got it. The seller is now selling one so has sold three to my knowledge. An olev one would have a sim card I think.

PS these units have chargemaster branding on the box and the seller has sold 21 in the recent Ebay period.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts